So, if not riding due to heat, what are you doing?

southerncomfort

Visit site
Rode for half hour in the school this morning before it got too hot.

Then for reasons I can't explain, I decided that today was the day to start lifting beds and cleaning stables. Finished one stable then spent the afternoon flicking between the European championships and football updates while slumped in front of a fan.

I actually found the heat a bit much by late afternoon and was starting to feel nauseous.

smolmaus

Visit site
Got pony out of the field for 15 mins to try on a new saddle and she was livid. Straight back out, chucked some cold water on her rug then me and friend sat by the water trough in the shade giving scratches and horse fly swats to anyone who wanted. Lovely day!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Camping in the paddock with my boys at night although tonight I’m in the farmhouse. During the day it’s been business as usual so mornings are busy and afternoons are relaxing behind closed curtains and full on fans. No riding as DP struggles in the heat and B has no back shoes and is recovering from a torn muscle although watching his antics this evening I think he has healed ?

daneferrari

Visit site
I've just got home from having my vile varicose veins lased and treated with foam, have done the prescribed walk, taken pain killers and am sitting in a cool kitchen in compression stockings and shorts. Not my best look and the stockings cannot be removed for 7 days. I can't ride for a while so Mr D is going to have a short holiday.
Please tell me how difficult is this operation? I've been wanting to have it done for about two years now, as I've been experiencing discomfort with my legs lately