So this is Sadie

smolmaus

Visit site
She's arrived, she's okay so I can post a picture!!
X5bueqdl.jpeg

Loaded and came off the box quiet as a lamb, had a quick turnout into the arena to decompress and still cool as a cucumber. Then turned out onto hardstanding next to her old buddy from the rescue. They definitely remembered eachother, it was a very sweet moment then she zapped herself with the electric tape and moment ruined. God love her.

She's a bit anxious and missing her sister but hopefully being turned out with the rest of the girls tomorrow will help. She's been an absolute pet.

(Just for background, she's a rescue pony from where I volunteer, she's 7 but unbacked and knows how to lead and that's about it. She's likely to stay unbacked until springtime when I will be paying someone else to do it ?)

smolmaus

Visit site
She met boss mare Ellie today and isn't quite sure what to do with herself as she has been boss mare for a while! ? But noticeably calmer than yesterday with some company.

Still a big sulky face on her! Misery upon misery for poor Sadie ?
rtkyKCHl.jpeg

My partner got to meet her for the first time too and hes not scared of her so thats the first real hurdle cleared!

smolmaus

Visit site
She's lovely and you will cope just fine with her. I know from your previous posts that you have thought long and hard about taking on a horse. Well done for taking the plunge and giving this lovely girl a secure loving home xx
Ty everyone for your really lovely comments but especially this one, I had my head nearly wrecked with doubts but as soon as it was about Sadie it was the easiest decision!

smolmaus

Visit site
Sunday morning update: very nearly her usual cheerful, pocket-picking self again. All the girls lovely and chilled together in the morning sunshine. I think she was pleased to see me which might be my imagination or the smell of mint coming from my pocket but I'll take it.

6xE8VTHl.jpg

8boJYGNl.jpg

Just watching the clock all day now until the earliest minute I can stop working and go see her ?