so whats the most interesting saddle you have seen......................

MagicMelon

Visit site
Its also the BUA for me, Id love to try one out. Love the concept and that its pretty different from anything else on the market. The basic saddle design really hasnt changed much over the years which I cant believe, surely they've found better ways...

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
There was a lurid barbie pink leather saddle for sale a while ago..obviously targeting wee girls but by heck was it vile...can’t upload pic, no idea how!

What IS your issue with lurid pink 😂. ? In my defence, he was wearing it to collect money for Spinal Research, it's their colour.

PICT0006.JPG

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
On an endurance yard I used to work on, one of the horses was ridden in what I was always told was a South African stock saddle. However, I have never been able to find a picture of one that looks the same. This is the closest I could find and it is described as an 'Indian War Saddle'.

Regardless, it was super comfy and brilliant on long endurance rides. The panel that sits between the seat and the horse was free moving so they would move with the horses back. I keep trying to find one like the one I rode in so I can have one for hacking my horses in! It's interesting seeing what other styles of saddles exist across the world. I'm hoping to save up one day to buy a proper traditional Portuguese saddle for my Luso mare.

000_5544.jpg
That's a McClellan cavalry saddle, the old Universal Pattern British cavalry saddle is pretty much the same

YasandCrystal

Visit site
On an endurance yard I used to work on, one of the horses was ridden in what I was always told was a South African stock saddle. However, I have never been able to find a picture of one that looks the same. This is the closest I could find and it is described as an 'Indian War Saddle'.

Regardless, it was super comfy and brilliant on long endurance rides. The panel that sits between the seat and the horse was free moving so they would move with the horses back. I keep trying to find one like the one I rode in so I can have one for hacking my horses in! It's interesting seeing what other styles of saddles exist across the world. I'm hoping to save up one day to buy a proper traditional Portuguese saddle for my Luso mare.

000_5544.jpg
I have a saddle very similar to this a Prestige Trekker. It has a floating seat to give both horse and rider comfort on endurance rides.