So who is going to work tomorrow?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Son no 1 works for a lab which runs tests on non clinical samples sent in from hospitals and vet surgeries all over the country. It’s to check that cleaning and sterilising procedures on various pieces of equipment are working correctly.

Bizarrely, if things get really hectic, this valuable work may have to stop as hospitals won’t have the time to get the samples needed to get the checks done...

Nice note attached to an incoming sample today.

350CAF43-84BF-4FAC-8DAD-78FE26E00551.jpeg

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Son no 1 works for a lab which runs tests on non clinical samples sent in from hospitals and vet surgeries all over the country. It’s to check that cleaning and sterilising procedures on various pieces of equipment are working correctly.

Bizarrely, if things get really hectic, this valuable work may have to stop as hospitals won’t have the time to get the samples needed to get the checks done...

Nice note attached to an incoming sample today.

View attachment 42740
And then it'll take ages to get the machines up and running again when the time comes (spotted the endo label! )

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
So now they're saying people can go to work! Sure mine will find a loop hole and make us go in just as I get a sniff of being able to wfh (possibly if they have the set up!!)

Bernster

Visit site
The guidance got a bit mangled. Was then updated to say you can travel for work if you can’t work from home. With safety precautions.

So those workers on the tube could well be ones going in for work that can’t be done from home. Just wonder if the govt hasn’t realised how many there are which would mean involve commuting in.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
probably
and it's not really their fault that they were running a reduced service if they had to be somewhere.
They have said they will be running a fuller service tomorrow so hopefully that helps.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I work at a college; we were told that as learning support we should report-in as normal this week even though the college proper was closed as we would need to be there to support Statemented learners.

Following The Lockdown announcement on Monday night, the college was closed as from Tuesday.

We have been told that we are expected to be working from home; tho' don't see how that can work TBH as our role involves being actually alongside the learner in person. But mebbe the college will arrange some sort of social media/e-mail support. Dunno how it will work practically though.

tiahatti

Visit site
I work in a library. We closed last tuesday and were still going in. It was getting silly as after tidying up there was nothing to do. Monday we were all trying to keep 2 metres apart and we were sent home in the afternoon. We have heard we might be re-deployed to do other council work. On one hand I see the logic in this but we have been told to stay indoors, so wondering what we will be asked to do.