Some new pics of my ex racer...

all about Romeo

Visit site
Just thought I would add some pics of my ex racer that I took earlier today... :)

Photo0591.jpg

And here is one of him gobbing off!! :rolleyes:

Photo0590.jpg

Lolo

Visit site
He's very pretty! It's amazing how distinctly different the 'types' of ex-racer there are are, to me at least- he's so so different looking to Reg, yet they're the same breed!

all about Romeo

Visit site
He's very pretty! It's amazing how distinctly different the 'types' of ex-racer there are are, to me at least- he's so so different looking to Reg, yet they're the same breed!

Thank you, What is yours like?, I think mine has very Araby features... :) his mane and tail are really fine, he has a slightly dished face etc... I have also known a dapple grey ex racer to look like a Akhal-teke horse! he is absolutely stunning!!!

all about Romeo

Visit site
Lovely! What are your plans with him?

Thank you :) mainly dressage with a little showjumping possibly... someone keeps saying I should event him but I don`t think he is built to event... he is also happy hacker, general pet and pretty field ornament! :) I didn`t get him to "do a job" so I don`t mind really lol :) x

Mongoose11

Visit site
Very sweet face and a nice 'chunky'/just right middle. Not my type of horse at all but even I think he is a real looker!

all about Romeo

Visit site
Very sweet face and a nice 'chunky'/just right middle. Not my type of horse at all but even I think he is a real looker!

Thank you, I find no matter how much condition he has on he always looks ribby :confused::(:eek:, these are the only 2 pics that I took where he doesn't look ribby :)

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Tbs always look ribby, as long as they are fit an healthy then a few ribs doesnt matter. I like all mine to look 'ribby' better that than having to go look for ribs.

He is lovely, whats hi breeding? Lookrg alot like our tb.

all about Romeo

Visit site
Tbs always look ribby, as long as they are fit an healthy then a few ribs doesnt matter. I like all mine to look 'ribby' better that than having to go look for ribs.

He is lovely, whats hi breeding? Lookrg alot like our tb.

Lol! would be nice to have a good covering over his ribs though...
His sire is Daylami and his dam is luana
Can you post a pic of yours? would love to have a look x

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
On phone so will have ago tonight.....his sire is Mujadil dam is Trysinger......he has Northen Dancer and Native Dancer in his great grandparents and Secretariat as a grandsire.

X

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site

all about Romeo

Visit site

VickyP

Visit site
I love the 2nd pic of him having a good shout!!

Slightlyconfused, my boy's grandsire is Sham, who was forever 2nd to Secretariat, and his cousin! Useless info there.. Sorry!

Waffles

Visit site
Lush - I had one in the 70s that looked rather like this. His grandsire was Nijinsky apparently! Absolutely lovely nature he had - totally bombproof too, but sadly no brakes...... switched to a hackamore and that did the job though!

VickyP

Visit site
Vicky P :D love useless info like that.

I'm full of useless info, it was princequillo was it not, who was their common sire.

But allaboutromeo, looking forward to seeing the progress of your chap because in a year my lad has changed completely and is still a work in progress!

all about Romeo

Visit site
But allaboutromeo, looking forward to seeing the progress of your chap because in a year my lad has changed completely and is still a work in progress!

I have had him for 3 years... He looked good when he first come to me (if a little too much muscle...) then after 6 months of being turned away looked terrible as he had lost all his muscle but did not have any fat underneath so looked really poor! :eek: then he put lots of weight on and was abit on the fat side then he started work to get some muscle tone and top line... now he is getting to a nice shape if abit ribby :( so hoping it will all fall into place when he is fit for competition... but he is not a very good doer so I struggle to keep weight on him over the winter! :cool: lol

VickyP

Visit site
I've had mine a year, he came to me a week after his last race and dropped muscle and caught up with himself this winter finally. It's a phase that they go through. Muscle seems to disappear before some fat forms! Not that we want them fat but you know what I mean. Mine seems to be a reasonable doer for a TB now he's caught up with himself, but with some it's not so easy.