Some people have no morals!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Well to my surprise my friend text me last night and said they have the money for me (The smallest amount) and could I go pick it up!
Erm, why did you have to go to the inconvenience of picking it up, why didn't your friend bring it to you? Will you have to go round each time she proffers a small repayment?
I think I am too soft and I to have the kind of nature were I just want to please and make people happy, I don't like offending anyone or upsetting them. I think it's time I toughened up!
Indeed it is! People will only treat you like a doormat if you allow them to. You need to man up :).

fatpiggy

Visit site
Unfortunately, as you go through life you discover just how many thoroughly nasty, selfish and immoral people there are in the world. I had the advantage of genuinely not having any spare cash when my horse was alive, due to massive monthly vet bills so everyone knew it was pointless asking to borrow cash from me. I do have a number of items of tack out there somewhere though, lent and never seen again. I could no more behave like this than I could flap my arms and fly.

wiglet

Visit site
I once had a 'friend' who I lent money to. Never huge amounts - £20 here, £10 there. Then stuff like shavings - she always ran out so she took mine and owed me the money. I kept a tally of what was owed - she never offered the cash back so I would ask for it.... then she's turn on the tears and make me feel guilty for asking.

In the end, she owed me £180 - the only way I could think of getting it back was to order clothes (which I didn't really need or want) from her Next catalogue. I got the clothes, she gave me the bill, I paid her £8 (total was £188) and told her the rest she owed me but her slate was now wiped clean. Cheeky bint tried to argue that she thought she'd already paid me.... eh? Anyway, never lent to her again, rarely see her these days.

OP, be firm, get your cash back then cut her off. She's no friend.

_GG_

Visit site
OP - be prepared to never see the money again. Never lend money that you can't afford to lose and don't feel sad about possibly losing a friend because this person is no friend. End of. What you'll be losing is someone who only sees you for what they can get out of you...good times and things they have done for you do not count...because you'll have done all the same back, but you haven't abused this persons good nature have you!

It's a horrible feeling, but a lesson well learned. Hugs xxx