Something new learned every day

thefarsideofthefield

Visit site
Wild garlic is really strong! Put about 30 leaves in a pasta sauce tonight and have terrible garlic gob. Terrific taste though.

'Wild Garlic' were a progressive rock group from the late 70's/early 80's .
The line up consisted of lead singer Hayley Tosiss , lead guitarist Rank Marvin , bassist and vocals Dick Breth and Herb Strong on drums .
They had a brief run of success with hits such as Hey Pesto ! , Devil's Breath and the crowd pleaser You Ain't Gonna Kiss Me ( Tonight ) before disbanding in 1983 .

Reactions: J&S

Stiff Knees

Visit site
I now know that my postie does not look good when dressed in a maids outfit. He really does not have the legs for it. Yesterday, I may have given him the benefit of the doubt, but not today. ?

PurBee

Visit site
when i discovered how pineapples grew, i was floored!
(im not sure how i thought they grew , on trees, maybe!)

But they grow out of the spikey tops of the pineapple....like a fractal plant, that never stops reproducing itself.
The spiky top is planted in the ground. It grows and eventually sends up a stalk in the centre which has a most beautiful flower at the top. Flowering lasts a while and out of the centre of the flower, it slowly swells, and begins forming a teeny weeny pineapple. Which eventually, over months, grows and grows into a huge pineapple!

It takes over a year for this process, im amazed pineapples dont cost 10 quid!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
And they put their babies in nests in the grass. I saw one with three in it when I was riding once, it was really special.

We have crop fields at the back of my fields that I often dog walk on, I see hares quite often on our walks my dog tries to chase but she wouldn't have a hope her legs are so short and she just isn't fast enough, as she has got older she has sort of resigned herself to the fact she has no hope so gives up quite quick bless her.

We saw 10 red deer run straight in front of us today it was a lovely sight I just wasn't quick enough with the phone unfortunately, the dog just stood there looking a bit stunned.