sound schooling, fantastic idea

RubysGold

Visit site
Has anyone come across sound schooling? I stumbled upon their fb page this morning. You can buy audio schooling tracks to listen to while you ride telling you what to do and what to concentrate on.

I really struggle schooling, after half an hour I have ran out of things to work on. I think i will buy one of these and if it's any good buy a couple more :-D

I won't put a link up as don't want to get in trouble as they are nothing to do with me, but it sounds brilliant

Farma

Visit site
I haven't used it but I know it's by kim Ratcliffe she is a list 1 dressage judge so knows her stuff, I have had some lessons with her and she helped arrange freestyle plans. All very professional so I would think this system would be good for people that need some inspiration.

MissTyc

Visit site
I use the iRide audio lessons when I can't get out and about. Absolutely brilliant, esp in winter when I can't be bothered. I actually listen to them more while driving than when actually riding these days, as it's like a revision session during my commute!

fatponee

Visit site
Another one who uses iride downloads. They are brilliant, especially as my funds are limited. Bought another 2 this weekend as they have 30% off this month! (No I'm not connected to them!) :)

Fat_Pony

Visit site
Soun schooling are great - give me some direction! But if your horse stops for a poo, you are screwed and can never catch up!

JFTDWS

Visit site
I don't really *get* it. How can they talk you through your ride helpfully when your horse's response to previous exercises is unknown? I go into schooling sessions with a plan, but it's always changed by the end as the horse flags up something else that needs worked on. I don't see how a pre-recorded podcast would be helpful?

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I use the iRide audio lessons when I can't get out and about. Absolutely brilliant, esp in winter when I can't be bothered. I actually listen to them more while driving than when actually riding these days, as it's like a revision session during my commute!

I dabbled with the iRide sessions. Well, I downloaded them and listened to them off a horse. I tend to be fairly disciplined when I school. I start with a basic plan of what I want to achieve, but will flex it according to what happens when we get there. I found them useful in terms of getting a few slightly different ideas, but not sure I could ride along to them as such. What happens if you need to repeat things, or something just isn't worth persevering with that day. I prefer to go with the flow and do what I need to in reaction to how my horse is performing that day.

indiat

Visit site
I get very bored with schooling as does my boy but he does stop for a poo as a way of getting out of doing any work. It sounds like we would be quickly left behind. :(