Speechless.... Poor horse

windand rain

Visit site
This piece of rubbish has been circulating for years it doesnt get better for the watching and the stupid woman should be shot. It has nothing what so ever to do with NH or any kind of horsemanship it is bullying and band wagon jumping of the worst kind If you cant be kind you should never touch a horse at all You always have to be fair make instruction clear and concise and quietly but firmly teach the horse to accept, this is absolutely dreadful mis handling. I am far from a tree hugging softie but sometimes I despair of the human race

magicmoose

Visit site
It has nothing what so ever to do with NH or any kind of horsemanship it is bullying and band wagon jumping of the worst kind

I've studied NH under various banners and I agree; she looks like a complete novice, bluffing her way through with brute force.

she pushed that calm horse to fail poor beast. Im sorry i will never like parelli and will never label it as NH.

To be fair, she's not a Parelli instructor.

kassieg

Visit site
What the hell was that !!!???

The horse was doing nothing wrong & she just started yanking hell out of its head! She didn't even ask for anything, rein back or a movement of quaters or anything I just dont understand what her method was

rope halters are fantastic in the right hands. I have watched my friend work wonders on horses no matter what type but she works nothing remotely like that !!
I work with a dually & do nothing like that

Its scary that there are people around condoning that kind of work !!!

ridefast

Visit site
'I think' she was trying to get the horse to move out of her space by backing up to start with but it looks like the horse has learnt to step into your space to make you back off/or it was confused. then she tries to get the horse to yield to pressure but she is aggressive in doing this too so the horse shields it's face by blocking with its body-looks to me like she is trying to run before she can walk-it takes varying time to teach each of the steps that would get you to the level that she is asking this horse to communicate at, it's clear the horse (rightly) has no trust in this woman.

I have done some basic ground work with my mare and she loves it, I am not a great fan of the parelli method without experienced sympathetic help to guide people it can all go horribly wrong but it repeatedly says in the bumf that if you allow 2 days for a horse to learn an new thing then you will never be dissapointed (or words to that effect). both of the horses in the clip were confused and given no time to think the second one just was a different nature and got pot luck by giving the right response to her actions.

This is what it looked like to me. I could see what she wanted to achieve but she allowed it to escalate far too quickly, didn't stop when it became clear straight away that the horse wasn't responding - she should have tried something else or gone back a lot of steps IMO - and she let her emotions control her. I can't think of any reason why the kicking was necessary at all. Also this might not necessarily be Parelli, lots of trainers use rope halters and have nothing to do with it. Didn't see a carrot stick.

Nancykitt

Wester Ross, the beautiful NW coast of Scotland
Visit site
I'd heard that this woman was a Parelli trainer but broke away from Parelli to develop her own 'methods'. When the video went viral in France, she apparently put together a video response similar to the one Parelli produced following the Barney abuse - basically, the horse was dangerous, it needed to be taught to respect space, etc etc. I don't know how these people can sleep at night.

babymare

Visit site
I didnt see someone who allowed it to escalate.I see someone who was out to make a point. Push push push in an agressive quiet violent manner a previously calm horse to point it warrents her aggressive stance. I saw nothing but needless pointless violence on a calm horse. i see someone out to make a battle. But i point finger at the mindless owner to actually stand there and bloody watch stuff like that. Im not a tree hugging squishy type. I expect manners. But manners taught consistently firmly humany quietly. Parelli evokes so much anger in me. *reaches for wine glass

Marie1

Visit site
I believe what she is trying to get the horse to do is to step back from her when the rope is shaken, and whe this is accomplished in the right way the signal has to be extremely minimal and can be really effective to use to educate a horse who has no respect for space (saw a woman at my old yard use it, never tried NH myself)

HOWEVER, the way in which this woman is 1) asking for the movement, 2) not stopping the movement when the desired effect is achieved, 3) becoming aggravated and therefore winding the horse up with her overall bodylanguage/behaviour and THEN punishing the horse when it reflects this 4) literally kicks the horse in the ribs repeatedly, 5) turns the horse towards her when it is panicing, pulling back on the rope halter which then tightens around its head and causes it to panic more 6) still tries to teach the horse the movement when its stressed rather than let it calm down, 7) tries to achieve the outcome far too quickly, 8) is violent and demanding from the beginning rather than listening to and trying to form a partnership with the horse.. IS DISGRACEFUL.. and this is coming from the eye of someone (me) who will poenly admit they are not the most experienced of people so this vid must really be the a***-end of the horse world!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
She wants him to go back, she wants to 'block' him. I just can't watch anymore, she's a total idiot. :mad3: My French is fluent, but sadly, she ain't talking that horse's language at all. What a mug.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
I feel really angry watching this, could only manage to watch a little bit as I had a great desire to smack her one!! What is wrong with these people that they think it is ok to treat an animal like that? What do they think they are teaching the horse other than to be head shy around people. Makes me MAD!!!! If someone did that to my horse they would have the lead rein smacked into their face perhaps they would understand what I was asking from them then.

starryeyed

Visit site
That is completely disgusting, I couldn't watch the whole thing. Poor horse. It seemed like such a sweetie too, clearly had no idea what it had done to deserve that! Christ, I was getting so many mixed messages from her, the poor thing had no chance. Lovely animal too to put up with it, she wouldn't last a second if she'd tried that behaviour with a more dominant creature - mine would have flattened her! The only thing she achieved was an upset and headshy horse. Just awful, so sad that no one speaks up or walks out - they may be novice and there to learn, but surely they must be able to spot cruelty happening right in front of them.

Jo1987

Visit site
If I did that to my horse he would, quite rightly, bop me on the head with a front hoof. Respect works both ways.

Ridingondreams

Visit site
It's horrendous - never blame your horse for not understanding, if he doesn't understand then you're clearly doing something wrong - that is surely still the basic rule for training a horse, in any discipline? Not to mention the fact that people can be heard LAUGHING at what is going on!!!!