Spring Bank Hol weekend plans!

Reacher

Visit site
Well little (15 hh) ginger pony and I went to Eventer's Derby, and was pleased we did a reasonably controlled and rhythmical (at least to my standards!) SJ and went clear. The went in the warm up for XC, went to pop a log and on landing his lordship stuck his nose in the air and tanked off...Didn't jump any more warm up fences, set off on the XC and he really tanked off with me, poking his nose in the air.... we still managed to go clear. Cant remember much about it as spent most of time trying to get back some control! Didn't bother hanging about to see where we were in the scores, got home, horses fed etc, had dinner including some wine, and watching Countryfile. Mr Reacher was tinkering on his kindle while I had more wine and cheese and biscuits - and gave a surprised squawk and said we had come 5th...!
There are videos but camera batteries seem to be dead. Will try and upload tomorrow...

rosiesowner

Visit site
Sounds like there have been some fab weekends all! I’m currently feeling a little bit sorry for myself sat in a hospital bed with a poorly leg after getting kicked today (totally my own fault!!)

Small fracture at the bottom of my left femur, not entirely sure on ligaments; they’re going to investigate further tomorrow. I’ve already had a CT scan and all sorts and so am feeling worse for wear...

No riding for a good while :(
So will need plenty of reports to read!

SOS

Visit site
Must be something in the air! Had an amazing day at my second BE and first 90. PB dressage at 33.5, double clear and if only I had kicked on a bit I would of been 4th. However 14th is perfectly good :)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Wow LW that is BRILLIANT!

Lovely pics and video Wheels.

Well done Reacher and Saddlesoversoda, great performances and results.

Sorry about your injury RO. Sounds nasty - hope you aren't too sore.

blood_magik

Visit site
Thankfully the baby had a good outing yesterday.

She’s still very green so she spooked and had a stop at the fence in front of the judges box in her second BN but then jumped round for 4 faults when she went back in HC.

She’s coming home for in 6 weeks so the plan is to get her out and about before she’s turned away for a bit.

She’s at Morris Wednesday night for their midweek BS and I’ve managed to find another outing for Raz after Saturday’s disaster.

Beau is much better today so hoping we’ve managed to avoid another vet call-out ����

scats

Visit site
Sounds like there have been some fab weekends all! I’m currently feeling a little bit sorry for myself sat in a hospital bed with a poorly leg after getting kicked today (totally my own fault!!)

Small fracture at the bottom of my left femur, not entirely sure on ligaments; they’re going to investigate further tomorrow. I’ve already had a CT scan and all sorts and so am feeling worse for wear...

No riding for a good while :(
So will need plenty of reports to read!

Oh gosh, hope you are ok x

Reacher

Visit site
Video attached hopefully of SJ. He didn't seem to like the look of the marquee when we first went in the arena.
Watching it back, its not as controlled or rhythmical as I hoped!
[video=youtube;oppwf_Nc07U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oppwf_Nc07U[/video]
Well little (15 hh) ginger pony and I went to Eventer's Derby, and was pleased we did a reasonably controlled and rhythmical (at least to my standards!) SJ and went clear. The went in the warm up for XC, went to pop a log and on landing his lordship stuck his nose in the air and tanked off...Didn't jump any more warm up fences, set off on the XC and he really tanked off with me, poking his nose in the air.... we still managed to go clear. Cant remember much about it as spent most of time trying to get back some control! Didn't bother hanging about to see where we were in the scores, got home, horses fed etc, had dinner including some wine, and watching Countryfile. Mr Reacher was tinkering on his kindle while I had more wine and cheese and biscuits - and gave a surprised squawk and said we had come 5th...!
There are videos but camera batteries seem to be dead. Will try and upload tomorrow...

{97702}

Visit site
Some fantastic results from this weekend - huge well done to everyone! And massive commiserations to rosiesowner and Asha’s daughter, I hope you both get well soon x

The weekend has been a bit challenging, we didn’t get to Sapey as Amy (one of my older greyhounds) had a seizure on Friday evening :( so it was a trip to the vet and lots of TLC on Saturday for her. She seems to have picked up well so hoping she will be back to normal.... until the next one :( :(

As Amy is much better now I was hoping to divert to Lidcombe for XC schooling today instead but when I phoned them they were really busy, so I went to Ace XC down the road instead - a lovely friendly little venue :)

None of the fences are very big at Ace (max 85cm I’d say?) and we’ve jumped a lot of them before, but it was still a fun outing :) Jensen was on his very best behaviour - loaded well, stood motionless while I put his studs in, very calm - and we had a lot of fun. We did jump an 80cm trakhener, just not the one I was hoping to do lol, and he soon got into that ‘take you to the fence and lock on’ way of going that is so great to feel :) We did everything - ditches, steps, water, skinnies, corners - and he was great at everything, so we finished quite soon as there was nothing left for him to prove :)

I really love my boy, he is so much fun and I am so incredibly lucky!

Reacher

Visit site
Glad Amy is feeling better. Jensen sounds fab, its such fun riding a horse who loves his jumping.
Lévrier;13781837 said:
Some fantastic results from this weekend - huge well done to everyone! And massive commiserations to rosiesowner and Asha’s daughter, I hope you both get well soon x

The weekend has been a bit challenging, we didn’t get to Sapey as Amy (one of my older greyhounds) had a seizure on Friday evening :( so it was a trip to the vet and lots of TLC on Saturday for her. She seems to have picked up well so hoping she will be back to normal.... until the next one :( :(

As Amy is much better now I was hoping to divert to Lidcombe for XC schooling today instead but when I phoned them they were really busy, so I went to Ace XC down the road instead - a lovely friendly little venue :)

None of the fences are very big at Ace (max 85cm I’d say?) and we’ve jumped a lot of them before, but it was still a fun outing :) Jensen was on his very best behaviour - loaded well, stood motionless while I put his studs in, very calm - and we had a lot of fun. We did jump an 80cm trakhener, just not the one I was hoping to do lol, and he soon got into that ‘take you to the fence and lock on’ way of going that is so great to feel :) We did everything - ditches, steps, water, skinnies, corners - and he was great at everything, so we finished quite soon as there was nothing left for him to prove :)

I really love my boy, he is so much fun and I am so incredibly lucky!

Bernster

Visit site
Loving the camel racing pics! Enjoyed catching up with everyone’s activities. Sounds like some really good outings inc a nice frilly for Leo, great jumping from amber and wheels - love the vids! Hope those who didn’t do so well are on the mend now and wishing you a quick recovery.

Spent some of the weekend with family but did manage a lovely outing to MKEC yesterday. Despite thunder and rain being forecast it turned out to be a scorcher of a day. Wobbleberry training day with a really good format - flatwork (ride a test and get feedback), sj (building up to doing a round) and then group xc but she sent us off to do solo bits which was really good as F can be nappy in group sessions like this.

Overall, a good day out with a supportive trainer and lovely set of Wobbleberries.

I also had a bit of a revelation and decided that, yes, we did USED to have issues with our jumping confidence, but actually that’s behind us. I’ve had lots of training and practice since then and F feels happy with his jumping too (he has done for months now but I’ve been stuck in this weird mental loop of thinking we’re having problems). It’s 9 months ago that we had a couple of weeks where he stopped quite a few times, but he’s never done it since. That’s a looooong time to get over it but im hoping my brain will now accept it and move on!

n0LQzVI.jpg

9436DGF.jpg

Z3zOOpT.jpg

Wheels

Visit site
Loving the camel racing pics! Enjoyed catching up with everyone’s activities. Sounds like some really good outings inc a nice frilly for Leo, great jumping from amber and wheels - love the vids! Hope those who didn’t do so well are on the mend now and wishing you a quick recovery.

Spent some of the weekend with family but did manage a lovely outing to MKEC yesterday. Despite thunder and rain being forecast it turned out to be a scorcher of a day. Wobbleberry training day with a really good format - flatwork (ride a test and get feedback), sj (building up to doing a round) and then group xc but she sent us off to do solo bits which was really good as F can be nappy in group sessions like this.

Overall, a good day out with a supportive trainer and lovely set of Wobbleberries.

I also had a bit of a revelation and decided that, yes, we did USED to have issues with our jumping confidence, but actually that’s behind us. I’ve had lots of training and practice since then and F feels happy with his jumping too (he has done for months now but I’ve been stuck in this weird mental loop of thinking we’re having problems). It’s 9 months ago that we had a couple of weeks where he stopped quite a few times, but he’s never done it since. That’s a looooong time to get over it but im hoping my brain will now accept it and move on!

n0LQzVI.jpg

9436DGF.jpg

Z3zOOpT.jpg

That's brilliant to hear!!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Frankie looked very shiny
33780040_10160555622900438_5451201019255980032_n.jpg

Mum announced that she though chestnuts came off when they were ready..... spot the non-cob owner.
33653533_10160545771475438_6226763347161776128_n.jpg

And the vet has received one of the lovely update emails he gets after I have visited (he did tell me to keep an eye) which includes an assortment of willy photos (I will let you off those :p ) and this time some trotting videos too as he has gone quite a lot lamer/stiffer.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
hahaha those are quite modest for cob chestnuts..you can't have been away too long, ester :D

I have to get OH to chop Kira's ergots because they make me feel sick, she grows twisted witches fingers, ewwwwww.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
March ;)

in front his ergots aren't too bad, his hind ones are very slip and curl back on themselves.
It was partly why I bought some hoof nippers ;)

scats

Visit site
hahaha those are quite modest for cob chestnuts..you can't have been away too long, ester :D

I have to get OH to chop Kira's ergots because they make me feel sick, she grows twisted witches fingers, ewwwwww.

I call Divas her quavers haha. Because they are hidden under her feather, you don’t notice them til you pull her feathers back. They grow long and curly. They are horrid.
Farrier trims them when he can but she has a tendency to rear when you do it (just for fun, apparently) so we take off what we can and I try not to look at the rest!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
LOL! Quavers! :D :D :D *puke smiley*

Kira's split as they grow so go off in all curly horrible directions. Gross. She catches them when she's pratting about in the stable so I do need to keep them short or they bleed, but they make my skin crawl so I really can't bring myself to do them myself. OH takes the P relentlessly.