St Sweep

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I know I don't come in here much anymore but just wanted to let the old timers know that St Sweep's time has come :frown3:

He has made the grand old age of 15 and a couple of months. His legs are going and he is deaf and his eye are failing :fron3: he fell down the whole flight of stairs the other day on to a stone floor- luckily he didn't hurt himself this time - he as had a seizure/stroke the other day and although seems ok at times he is just not himself :frown3:

Whilst he is in no pain now or suffering atm I am bracing myself to do the one last kindness :frown3: Is breaking my heart - he has been my boy since he was 8 weeks old and been with me through thick an thin :frown3: Is the hardest thing ever :frown3:

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Oh Slinky I am so very sorry. Having had the pleasure of meeting St Sweep I know what a character he is, he will leave a huge hole in your heart. So brave to put him first when it is going to be so hard for you, will be thinking of you.

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Oh Slinks, no! You poor girl :frown3: I don't know how you must be feeling, but I'm going to sympathise hugely by crying. I hate that they don't live as long as us, it just seems so unfair. I think you're totally doing the right thing, it's horrible to see them grow old and infirm.

My biggest hug and sympathy. XxX

MochaDun

Visit site
Oh Slinky, I'm so sorry the journey together is ending :( that has made me cry but what a grand old time you've had together. Toughest time though for you. I'm such a coward I haven't done dogs or cats again for years in terms of ownership as just can't cope with the loss.

Spudlet

Visit site
Oh Sweepy :( I'll never forget your 'whale shark' picnic raiding technique - let the young fools try and snatch things, he just marched through the middle with his gob open to see what fell in!

I'm really sorry SU. Thinking of you, Sweepy and Max-I-moose. :(

Last edited:

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I remember reading about you and St Sweep when I first joined this forum. Im so sorry to hear this news, its what all we dog lovers dread, wouldnt it be lovely if they could live as long as we do! Sending big hugs to you both at this difficult time, remember, it is the one last kindness you do for him and probably the most important, the one he would thank you for the most x

Nickijem

Visit site
Oh Slinks - I haven't been on HHO for a while, but when I saw this thread I was very apprehensive opening it, I was dreading reading this. I am so sorry and I know that no words can make this any easier for you. He has had a fab life of fun and happiness so doing the kindest thing for him only means that he will never know what suffering means - how I wish that were true for all dogs. I hope you are ok and there is someone you can talk to who understands your grief. I am thinking of you. x

Bearsmum

Visit site
Oh I'm so sorry to read this, as a fellow member of the spaniel massive I dread that day. Hugs to you, sweeps is one very very lucky dog.

JDx

Riz

Visit site
I'm a long term lurker but just wanted to say i'm so sorry to read this. I've loved your stories about him over the years & have often wondered how the old boy was doing, so i'm very sorry to see that his time has come. You can tell just how much you love him. Best wishes to all of you-such a sad time xx

Hedwards

Visit site
Oh Slinks, I'm so so sorry, have tears in my eyes. Such a super dude of a dog. Massive hugs for you lovely, let me know if you need anything xxx

Sleighfarer

Visit site
I don't have a dog but if I did I'd want one like Sweep. He was one of the first dogs I read about when I joined the forum. I am very sorry to hear it's the end of the road. Big hugs. Xx