Stable Boots to replace Bandages

Melbettson

Visit site
HI !

I Bandage my horses legs at night in the winter when she is in, she's a big girl 18hh full ID and when stabled her legs fill. I usually bandage, no problem take them off before turnout and it keeps her back wingals down and her fronts don't fill either. just wondering what other people use as alternatives as I am sometimes away and other people put her to bed? often people can't bandage and to prevent any mishaps I was wondering a good boot alternative?

thanks!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yes I used to use the Premier Equine stable boots as an alternative when I wasn't the one putting my oldie to bed. I don't think they were quite as effective as bandages but much less to get wrong ;)

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I use Le Mieux stable boots for Amber. I don't trust myself to bandage! Her legs fill without them but don't with them.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Cross posted - I wash and dry legs before booting. I would worry about inviting mud fever in if I put boots on gritty or wet legs.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I use Premier Equine stable boots with the magnetic liners. I’ve used on wet legs with no problems. I started using them four years ago with the plain liners after he’d had an annular ligament operation but then swapped to the magnetic. He’s 24 this year and it definitely helps prevent stiffness and filled legs.