Stable camera without WiFi

Ilovemyponies

New User
Visit site
I would like to get a stable camera installed to give me piece of mind after my pony recovers from colic surgery. The yard has no WiFi, so it would need to be 4g, and given it’s in the stable there is no power either so some kind of battery pack/in built power pack would be needed. Something to view live video on. Any ideas?

Nasicus

Visit site
I've got 2 Reolink Go cameras, very much set it and forget it, haven't had to do anything with them since installing, the solar panels do a fantastic job of keeping them powered! Check on Amazon, as they usually have decent discounts, if you look at the product there's usually a checkbox for a discount).

jnb

Visit site
Question (probably a numpty one)
If I buy a Reolink Go tilt & Pan, add a SIM card - how do I add another camera? Do I need another SIM inside the 2nd camera or what?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the v sim that they come with does not appear to have a limit. I've been using EE sims in mine as the place they are currently has no vodafone signal and they barely use anything at all.

milliepops

Visit site
no they come with a V sim which is vodafone, it's a data only sim and costs £4 a month on a monthly rolling contract so no commitment. I used mine for a couple of months before I moved the cameras and then I had to change network, and I cancelled it no issue. you can use anything though, i just grabbed a couple of EE sims from the checkouts at tesco when I needed to swap. but the v sim is the best value I think.

jnb

Visit site
Does anyone have a link to any Amazon deals for the Reolink Go currently I want the Tilt & Pan one? I saw one posted here a while back but didn't have the £££ then, but I'm ready to buy now....?

Nasicus

Visit site
Does anyone have a link to any Amazon deals for the Reolink Go currently I want the Tilt & Pan one? I saw one posted here a while back but didn't have the £££ then, but I'm ready to buy now....?
I have it sitting on my saved list for a month with a few pennies to spare haha:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B087M3CR6H/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ARGDLBF91D6J6&psc=1

If you see where it says 'voucher' just below the price, there's a checkbox for £58 off, applied at checkout :)

Louby

Visit site
Hi, I posted about this a few weeks back and am about to order one, Ive been recommended the Reolink Go. Ive just had a read up and it says it notifies you when theres motion and records for 6 seconds or longer until the motion stops. Im planning on it being attached to the stable block so how do you go on if a horse pops over the stable door etc, Im just thinking Im going to use a lot of data and get loads of notifications lol.

milliepops

Visit site
you can turn the notifications off. it just records onto an SD card that you put in the camera. If I feel like it I sometimes watch clips back otherwise you can just ignore them and just watch it when you fancy.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Mine arrived today but the v sim card wont register. Put in all my details but still says pending. Waiting for a call back from vodaphone tomorrow

jnb

Visit site
@Sansdstone1 - have you set up payment? we had a bit of wrangling to get it to register too, assume you have the Vodaphone Smart App installed?

Sandstone1

Visit site
@Sansdstone1 - have you set up payment? we had a bit of wrangling to get it to register too, assume you have the Vodaphone Smart App installed?
Its working now but took ages to register. Yes I used the app to set up payment. it seems to be working ok. just got to set it up at stables.

Reactions: jnb

Dyllymoo

Visit site
If anyone needs a reolink go I have a brand new one for sale. Only opened the box and charged the camera.

Need to sell ASAP.

jnb

Visit site
mine only did that when the battery was going flat, check battery levels? You can charge it via charge lead if the solar panel isn't coping

Sandstone1

Visit site
good idea. will have a look. Battery is 30% Ive been watching it quite a bit as a new toy so maybe thats it! Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: jnb

milliepops

Visit site
You can see battery level from the app. Only other thing i can think is if the mobile coverage isn't brilliant where you've sited it. I moved one of mine temporarily to the yard this week where there's really really bad 3g and it wasn't great playback. But usually it would take a few goes to load the stream if that's the issue.