Stable cameras

SamanthaToby

Visit site
Hi all, i have a poorly horse at the moment an i wanted to put a cam up so i can monitor him. We dont have power in our indicidual stables an there is no WiFi on the yard. I will only need thia hopefuly for a short time so i realy dont want to spend a fortune given my curent vet bill.
Any ideas would be great am at a loss as to how i can do this.

Tidy_rabbit

Visit site
I have a reolink go, no wires or power needed, and works on a sim card so no wifi needed. is not particularly cheap though - and I've not seen anything similar out there.

holeymoley

Visit site
I have a reolink go, no wires or power needed, and works on a sim card so no wifi needed. is not particularly cheap though - and I've not seen anything similar out there.

May I ask how this works for power? Is it a rechargeable battery? I have a rydale one which runs off a SIM card to but unless you have power you have to use a leisure battery which is rather awkward to lift up and down!

Tidy_rabbit

Visit site
It's got an internal battery, rechargable via USB. It's a very neat bit of kit! I currently have it set up in my field alongside a small solar panel (which is optional) and so far I've not actually had to take it down to charge it, battery is still full. My friend has it without the solar panel and charges it once a week or so. In the winter I'll move it to my stable.

holeymoley

Visit site
It's got an internal battery, rechargable via USB. It's a very neat bit of kit! I currently have it set up in my field alongside a small solar panel (which is optional) and so far I've not actually had to take it down to charge it, battery is still full. My friend has it without the solar panel and charges it once a week or so. In the winter I'll move it to my stable.

Sounds really good I'll have a look. Does it have an aerial? Mine got great reception at my last yard running off the sim card but I'm really struggling to get anything signal-wise at my new yard but I think I have a way around that by using an aerial extension outwith the barn.

Tidy_rabbit

Visit site
No aerial that I can see. Comes with a vodaphone sim and I'm getting 4 bars signal but then again I'm not that rural. I think you can use other networks though so you could shop around for better signal?

angrybird1

Visit site
Do they work outside? My horses are out in summer in at night in winter. Could you use the same camera and move it about?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Do they work outside? My horses are out in summer in at night in winter. Could you use the same camera and move it about?
yes. i have 2 reolink go cameras currently covering my maternity paddock and stable,one inside and one outside.
I had them at another field previously. I'll probably take one to the yard later on.