Started Liverpool Cream treatment

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Chico started his Liverpool Cream treatment for sarcoids on Wednesday.

The vet has been out 3 times so far this week and will be out again 3 times next week.

Each cluster of sarcoids has a seperate treatment schedule hense so many callouts.

Vet was very impressed when i said i had used an online forum (HHO!) to research the treatment and look at photos of other people horses under going it.

So far Chico is doing really well and despite the fact it must sting quite a bit he has so far been a little angel and stood like a lamb for the vet today.

Here's hoping for a trouble free and swift recovery.

Thanks to all those who gave me advice (i had lots of questions for the vet based on what i'd read on here - things i would never have thought of myself)

:D:D

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Coloureds are very prone. My creature had two and they totally disappeared over a year ago with Liverpool cream. Vicious but good stuff, very effective.

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
liverpool cream works well. never had a problem with the aplication or after care. occ aisionally a couple of bute might help if swelling anticipated. good luck.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
vet has given him 1 bute per day but he doesnt seem to be in too much discomfort yet.

Vet also advised me just to leave the wounds well alone. I asked if i could rinse them with water and she said no, just leave them and let the cream do the magic.

Chico is off work now until it is all healed and I am happy he is comfortable enough to come back into work.

kellybrown11

Visit site
hi, i am going to have to go down this route shortly. Have you taken some before and qafter pictures? I would be interested to see them. I saw a posting last week and it looked very sore for the horse and a bit worried about the pain / discomfort it could cause my youngster.

Thanks

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
Have you ever dissected a sarcoid?
Thay are wierd things, like really really dense boiled eggs but withhout the yolk! I was really expecting something 'fleshy' but it was just like a rubber potato.....
How many does chico have?
we have a horse with massive amount of all types including the huge raw ones.
trying various things atm before forking out for liverpool cream.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I had the bill for the Liverpool cream and it was only £139 which my insurance will cover. I was expecting much much more.

I havent taken photos - maybe i should take some tomorrow

Chico has about 15 sarcoids in 5 different sites

lazybee

Visit site
I've been using Blood root ointment. I works very well. It has a similar reaction to your cream by the sound of it, localised swelling. The sarcoids turned into thick scabs and fell off. I've used it on nodular and verrucous sarcoids. It's about 80quid for a jar online and you don't need the vet to apply it. I did have strict program to follow with the application guidance from my vet. I paid 110euros from the vet. Then found it online cheaper:mad:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
hi, i am going to have to go down this route shortly. Have you taken some before and qafter pictures? I would be interested to see them. I saw a posting last week and it looked very sore for the horse and a bit worried about the pain / discomfort it could cause my youngster.

Thanks

This was pea sized on his stifle. There is a tiny flat patch that you have to really look for, slightly different colour to the surrounding hair.

DSC000792-1.jpg

This is his right axilla, flat verrucous type. There is a raised section of scar tissue left. Nothing else has since appeared.

DSC00082.jpg

Last edited:

Cuppatea

www.facebook.com
I've been using Blood root ointment. I works very well. It has a similar reaction to your cream by the sound of it, localised swelling. The sarcoids turned into thick scabs and fell off. I've used it on nodular and verrucous sarcoids. It's about 80quid for a jar online and you don't need the vet to apply it. I did have strict program to follow with the application guidance from my vet. I paid 110euros from the vet. Then found it online cheaper:mad:

have you got a link to get some online?

thundersprite

Visit site
thanks
the ones by her udder the liverpool cream has worked but sadly the one on her face after two courses of cream it sadkly turned her form to malignant
and the one between her bum cheeks now has to have a 2nd course of liverpool cream as its started growing again
i think shes in liverpools study now so will help other horses in the futute pics
her bum on i havent any good pics as thought the cream had worked but this was before treatment
beasdrugs014.jpg

and her face before treatment
beasdrugs012.jpg

after fist liverpool cream course
beasarcoids008.jpg

after 2nd course
beasarcoids002.jpg

then it started growing
sewing009.jpg

shes now having bcgs in her face mouth area

reaction after 1 bcg
beasface003.jpg

then in order until now
attheyard061.jpg

attheyard013-1.jpg

attheyard015.jpg

bea003.jpg

and now you can see on her face im gutted as spent ages getting her over hepatitis and nearly lost her as she was neglacted before i had her and now sarcoids
i can ride her buy only hacking as where it is its not fair to have much rein contact
bea002.jpg