Stay Safe Scotland

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I'm in Cumbria and it was dreadful this morning, and although windy still, it's brightened up considerably......either it's going to change later or it all came early and this morning's episode was all we're going to get, but according to the metoffice site we've still got a yellow and red warning...

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse here. The wind died down from this morning but its trying to pick up again and the rains starting.
I'm working tonight so don't have time to be dashing off to ponies again.

Keep safe all! x

Zimzim

Visit site
I'm in Cumbria and it was dreadful this morning, and although windy still, it's brightened up considerably......either it's going to change later or it all came early and this morning's episode was all we're going to get, but according to the metoffice site we've still got a yellow and red warning...

Lol, better not get worse later, want to get Teddy out!!! lol :)

sakura

Visit site
I thought it was bad here with 40mph+ winds, but that's nothing compared to what you guys are having to endure!

stay safe xx

Zimzim

Visit site
Hey if I can get Kenzi out in the wind and rain you can do it with Teddy!! (Oh I'm so glad she's so small LOL!!)

hmmmm, yer theres just a slight bit height difference between the two.... lol.

He should be fine, he doesnt mind the wind so much, he just hasnt been in the school when its flood lit (think it will be more loose lungeing and him doing his own thing rather than anything educational tonight...!!!)

Last edited:

lauren&genie

Visit site
Its worse here now and my area has a red weather waring and police have issued a no travel policy unless totally necessary!!

My horse is in with everyone else and YO is keeping a close eye on them all! Sofar not too much damage other than a tree falling on the guard dogs hut :-( worse is to come after 3pm.

The town my horse stays in was on the news at lunch with severe gales and flooding :-( I cant even get to her so just hoping she is warm and cosy with lots of hay!!

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Might as well be in Scotland, one tree down on way to work but managed to get around it.
Saw a couple of curtain-sided lorries on the way in who's drivers had taken their sides right out, brilliant idea in these winds, empty lorries might as well be giant kites in this weather.

dumpling

Visit site
We were supposed to get the worst from 12-3. I'm sure it's getting worse now! What we had before was quite quiet! A trees just fallen down across the road

Sherbie

Visit site
its starting to get pretty bad in my area now, cant see it dying down for a while. All our horses and ponies are out as I would not trust the roof on the block to withstand this wind. It was damaged last year with the snow and then again with strong winds earlier this year. Its just not safe, but I feel terrible. Wish I could take them home with me ;)

-Sj-

Visit site
Where was it meant to be bad 12-3? Fife council have been reporting storm to get worse between 3-7. It's defo picking up now. I'm sure my nextdoor neighbours garage facia board is going to come through my kitchen window :s

sandi_84

Visit site
Blimey, sounds awful. What are the authorities doing to help?

Fort Augustus having power cuts and probably half of villiage flooded by now.
Usually get sand bags to put out.

We've lost power but got it back briefly. Don't know for how long! Brought pony in, others are still out. Lots of flooding aswell as branches/debris on the roads.

Inverness having huge winds, trees blown down all over but schools still open. Kessock bridge closed to high sided vehicles but some idiots are still giving it a go. Roads that dip are filling up with water and it's generally pretty miserable out!

Most of the horses are in but not enough stabling for them all, so are being rotated one night in one night out. New stable block in process of getting roof on called off for horrid weather although nice builders were going to try to get up there today. They were told not to because it's taking their lives into their hands atm :(

Also loose snow is being washed away but the compacted bits are like ice rinks, nearly butt planted a few times today! Winter in scotland sucks! :mad:

highlandponygirl

Visit site
Its starting to get really bad here too. The wind had picked right up and i can see/hear the windows shuddering, its quite scary. I opened the door to let my cat out for a wee, he took one look out the door and ran back the other way :rolleyes: don't blame him though, il just have to hunt the litter tray out tonight.
also neighbours are in the prosess of getting a new roof, so there roof currently has no tiles etc on, and it doesn't look to healthy.

Last edited:

Puddock

Visit site
Had a text from my YO saying the yard is closed today/tonight for safety reasons. Horses will all be in, I just hope they all stay safe and warm this evening. I live/work in Edinburgh and was one of the last to leave my office today. Things don't seem too bad at the moment (on the bus home), fingers crossed they stay that way. Bah humbug to Hurricane Bawbag!

-Sj-

Visit site
Sorry hunni, should've said. This is my friend just posted it on his FB. It's troon ayrshire

Still though, very scary indeed!

highlandponygirl

Visit site
think i may have an early night tonight, put heating on and earplugs in and try to block out whats happening outside. Just hope my window in my living room survives, the frames a little bit not right and its letting some of the wind in.

measles

Visit site
Absolutely wild here. Horses were walked out in hand in sheltered stable yard this morning and have been in. All are content and I have offered to do all of my liveries to save them travelling given the police have issued a no travel recommendation.

Marydoll

Visit site
Just been down at my guys and skippeed out and refilled their haynets, they all seem quite content, the noise of the wind inside the barn is like a bloomin freight train, but its not bothering them.
The roof seems to be secure but i'll go back Later on And just recheck everyone again. Wish it would bloody die down now, i always think its worse in the dark:(