Stay Safe Scotland

SamanthaUK

Visit site
Thinking of everyone in Scotland.

We (north yorkshire) have got quite strong winds, heavy rain and an awful lot of flooding. Luckily no sign of snow yet :)

yvonnec64

New User
Visit site
im in dumfries and galloway ,our schools are closed ,ferrys are not sailing neither are trains moving ,think its at its worst now ,my 3 boys including a rescue TB are all out 24/7 ,they have a large open field near to the sea as well as access to a smaller one with natural shelter ,but they choose to stay in the open one ,hoping they know best maybe better away from bushes or trees that might blow down on top of them ,will be out at 8.30 am after work to check they are ok ,but still wish it would blow over ,no hacking for over a week because of it getting a bit fed up now

whisp&willow

Visit site
what a horrible day! been soaked to the skin twice and blown about like a rag doll! :p

horses are all fine... whisper is as high as a kite though! i only just made it across the skye bridge to get home... the sign said it was closed... but the gates weren't shut... i followed the two cars in front of me and i think we were the lucky last three! it was SCARY!

hopefully all the horses will still be there in the morning...

xx

CarolineJ

Visit site
Well, up on the north coast of Scotland I think we must be right in the eye of it, because apart from a bit of rain and wind this morning, we've had sunny blue skies today! The pressure has dropped to 949mb (usually around 1004mb here), so we may get carnage when it starts to rise again, but at the moment there's no wind and it's a dry, mild night.

That said, the weather station on Cairn Gorm has just recorded a gust of 165mph :eek::eek::eek:

EventingMum

Visit site
It was to be bad 12-3 in the west. And 3-6 in the east.

I suppose I'm west/central so who knows!

It still hasn’t died down here on the West coast despite the predictions. I’ve just been out on the yard in a driving hail storm and the wind is as strong as ever. Our local town was on the tv at lunchtime showing the flooding, waves breaking over the road and the swimming pool building cladding flapping in the wind. TV's now gone off air too. My son was doing his lorry test this afternoon in Glasgow and it still went ahead despite the police issuing no travel warnings :confused:

LeneHorse

Visit site
A lady at our yard works for Strathclyde Police and they have been warned to expect heavy snow overnight tonight :( :( :(

I can foresee yet another 'interesting' journey to the yard first thing tomorrow. As someone said earlier, it all seems worse when it's dark.
I have decided Pony is having a long lie on Saturday!

Mike007

Visit site
Just remember,all you up north 100mph winds are just a gentle breeze compared to the 160+ mph "hurricane " of 1987.Seem to remember a lot of people up north telling us we didnt know what bad weather was:D Still , stay safe . ........bunch of softies.:D

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Just remember,all you up north 100mph winds are just a gentle breeze compared to the 160+ mph "hurricane " of 1987.Seem to remember a lot of people up north telling us we didnt know what bad weather was:D Still , stay safe . ........bunch of softies.:D

The Met Office said winds at Cairngorm Summit had reached up to 165mph (264km/h)./

Merry Crisis

Visit site

eeeeeeeeeee Mike!!! I was in Sussex in 1987 *whispers* I am a southener, BUT its worse up bleddy north lad, more often anyway! Anyway thanks for the safety warning, its grim at the moment, up here, north!

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I was also down south in 87 :)

am in south East Scotland and it's not letting up yet,horses are out and ok, being somewhat sheltered by the hill the house is on! river is right up though.