Stitched carpal pad...poor murph!

emma21

Visit site
Poor murphy came in from walk last night pouring blood from his carpal pad on one leg! Cleaned it up but was quite deep so rung vets to see what to do; they said bring straight in so off we popped!
They bandaged and cleaned it and gave injection and said they'd need to check tomorrow (today) morn... Him last night...
bc24326d.jpg

This morning took him in and they said it would need stitching :( so left him there. Got him now and he's very very dopey and has a very sore bandaged foot. What can I expect? I thought it was not the done thing to stitch pads? But obviously listened to vets and poor murph has no walks now for over a week!
Him earlier after op...
daa1fb44.jpg

The vets said he was one of the best temperaments ever :D and was perfect patient!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Aw poor Murph, he looks so sad in that second picture. Pads can be very slow to heal so hopefully the stitches will speed the healing process and he will be back on his walks before he knows it.
I expect he will just want to sleep it off tonight, so I would just keep him nice and warm and let him rest. Watch your shins with the buster collar when he starts moving round, they are a lethal piece of kit. :p

emma21

Visit site
Haha in fairness to him the collar came straight off and he hasn't bothered it once he's just so knocked out bless him :( he just looked so sad I had to take a pic evil mummy I am!!

He is so cuddly :D he keeps throwing himself dramatically on my lap and you can almost hear him going "mummmmmy it huuuuurts, cudddddle mee"

Its the little beast puppy who's doing the bothering...trying to get him to play!

ChesnutsRoasting

Visit site
He's going to milk it!! Look at that face:D

Re stitching pads - the foot pads are the ones prone to splitting due to pressure and generally activity - just watch his foot doesn't swell, I like to include the foot when bandaging to prevent any swelling.:)