Stolen/Missing. Beloved friend

ozpoz

Visit site
I've shared this on Facebook too.

Please don't go off topic, re freeze marking etc.
This thread should be helpful to the people searching for their pony, not full of opinions.
Really hope he is found soon. Is it worth chasing up the preloved clipped pony? to eliminate him as a possible TT if nothing else?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
greys get freezemarked by killing the hair. It is just as visible if the owner keeps the area clipped on a regular basis.

Where everyone jumped on applecart comment being harsh, it is true though. The success is higher if they are, I think its a good present to by your horse. I wont say any more on subject.

fatpiggy

Visit site
greys get freezemarked by killing the hair. It is just as visible if the owner keeps the area clipped on a regular basis.

Where everyone jumped on applecart comment being harsh, it is true though. The success is higher if they are, I think its a good present to by your horse. I wont say any more on subject.

True but ENTIRELY inappropriate at this time, and worded in a deliberately cruel manner.

powderly

Visit site
The organisers of Horse and Pony sales that are taking place in Dec and Jan have been spoken to and sent Tic Toc's poster. They have all been very supportive and have promised to let their staff know to look out for him and put the posters up at the auctions.

powderly

Visit site
I can confirm that the poor piebald pony foal found in the river in Rugby by the RSPCA and reported by Horse and Hound is not TIC TOC the missing 24 yr old welsh x shetland pony.

DebbieCG

Visit site
It is horrible to see this news about a pony being found in a canal in Rugby. From what can be seen on HHO there seems to be a few suggestions that this does not appear to be the missing grey pony Tic Toc, as from one or two pictures the pony looks to be coloured:

Quote from an online user of HHO: "Definitely looks like a colored cob colt/filly foal, these poor horses are normally the ones subjected to this kind of cruelty and abandonment."

Sorry just seen post above posted a few minutes before this was.

joeanne

Visit site
Beloved friend.

No freezemark.

Very beloved then.

Please freezemark. 99% recovery rate. Would probably be back in its paddock by tea time if it had of been marked.

What a load of c**p.
A horse was stolen many years ago from a field from near where we work.
Said mare was freezemarked, microchipped and VERY distinctive.
Pony is still missing (and owner still looking) to this day!

I hope Tic Toc turns up very soon to make that little boys christmas special :)

Highlands

Visit site
What a load of c**p.

Thanks all nothing still.

Can't believe some people, the poor family are gong through hell. It's been said.... But honestly

DebbieCG

Visit site
The owners may be in process of doing this already but perhaps a good idea to get his details /that he is missing, in the local paper and on the local radio station as soon as possible?

JillA

Visit site
Still missing then - I can't believe he was considered worth stealing. I know someone whose beloved horse was stolen about 5 years ago (Toby) and never found - she is still living in hope, and that is almost the worst case scenario.

meesha

Visit site
He has been posted as missing on dragon driving, they are obviously doing all they can to get the little man home. Every horse owners worst nightmare but let's hope all this internet coverage prompts his safe return.

Highlands

Visit site
Still missing then - I can't believe he was considered worth stealing. I know someone whose beloved horse was stolen about 5 years ago (Toby) and never found - she is still living in hope, and that is almost the worst case scenario.

He is not totally agree, with cushings etc. just worth his weight in gold as he is safe!

SpruceRI

Visit site
The first thing anyone will do (probably) when stealing this pony, is full clip him.

Apart from the markings round his muzzle and eyes, does he have any other distinguishing features such as melanomas, lumps, bumps, strange or endearing habits?

Something that anyone as an adjacent livery to this pony might notice and it ring a bell?

Do the owners have any photos of him fully clipped in the recent past? Horses and ponies can look like a different animal altogether when clipped!

I hope he's found soon, I've had several messages on Facebook from friends in different areas so hopefully he'll be reunited with his owners soon.

applecart14

Visit site
True but ENTIRELY inappropriate at this time, and worded in a deliberately cruel manner.

It wasn't worded in a deliberate and cruel manner, and suprised that you would think such a thing tbh. It was worded straight from the heart. It never ceases to amaze me that people come onto the 'lost and stolen' section telling tales of woe and heartache about their much loved horses, and how they can't possibly carry on without them, they are their whole life, etc, etc. But they didn't carry out a perfectly sensible and safe method to prevent them getting stolen. Even getting their much loved animals microchipped, or their hooves branded, painting their rugs with a 'made up' freezemark number, or displaying 'our horses are marked by Farmkey' signs would help to prevent theft. I wonder if the OP did do any of these things..... but I think we know what the answer will be. Sometimes you have to make an bit of an effort in this world.

I will NEVER understand how people can spend £2K on a saddle but are reluctant to spend £40 quid on a freezemark.

Sorry if I have offended people and I am sure it doesn't help the OP in this case but maybe she will think about it for the future horses she has. rrendously.

Last edited:

applecart14

Visit site
What a load of c**p.

I don't think 99% recovery rate is crap. I think that speaks for itself. So do the other 200,000 horse owners in this country that DO freezemark their horses (that's Farmkey only). And for 25 years Freezemark the other leading freezemark company had 100% recovery rate.

fatpiggy

Visit site
It wasn't worded in a deliberate and cruel manner, and suprised that you would think such a thing tbh. It was worded straight from the heart. It never ceases to amaze me that people come onto the 'lost and stolen' section telling tales of woe and heartache about their much loved horses, and how they can't possibly carry on without them, they are their whole life, etc, etc. But they didn't carry out a perfectly sensible and safe method to prevent them getting stolen. Even getting their much loved animals microchipped, or their hooves branded, painting their rugs with a 'made up' freezemark number, or displaying 'our horses are marked by Farmkey' signs would help to prevent theft. I wonder if the OP did do any of these things..... but I think we know what the answer will be. Sometimes you have to make an bit of an effort in this world.

I will NEVER understand how people can spend £2K on a saddle but are reluctant to spend £40 quid on a freezemark.

Sorry if I have offended people and I am sure it doesn't help the OP in this case but maybe she will think about it for the future horses she has. rrendously.

Actually, I don't think you are sorry in the slightest. You are just paying lip-service to those of us who have highlighted your attitude, which as someone else has pointed out, you display to every poster who has also have the misfortune of having their animal disappear from the field, whatever the circumstances. And in this case, I VERY much doubt that the poor OP spent £2000 on a saddle for this poor little pony, so you can drop that attitude too.

applecart14

Visit site
I VERY much doubt that the poor OP spent £2000 on a saddle for this poor little pony, so you can drop that attitude too.

Yes whatever.
I can't find the icon with the rolling eyes.

I wasn't talking about this particular OP buying a £2K saddle but I was just giving an example of how people seem to get their priorities wrong. But of course I was only paying lip service by saying I did feel sorry for the OP, but still stick by what I said.

I don't display that to EVERYONE who loses their horses in the field, just those that can't be arsed to use a bit of common sense. I am merely pointing out (which is my right on a public forum) that people are very negligent and lacksidaisyical (sic) in their approach to such matters and it costs them dearly.

If I park in the supermarket and don't lock my car and then complain because I haven't taken any reasonable steps to protect that property when some joy rider drives off in it than I can hardly complain can I? Its my fault.

I do hope the OP finds her pony but I still think she was very foolish not to take measures to protect it, and I think you must surely think the same too but just don't want to admit it.

For goodness sakes !

Last edited:

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site

Deeply distressing this is for OP, I feel for them in the worry etc. But its true in the wider picture people do spend 100s and 1000* on equipment for their equine. But no money to safe guard them being returned, one girl said to me when I was organizing a freezemark day I don't want Chianti freezemarked it would spoil her look. I said it would spoil her a lot more if she is served up.

On the day of the marking owner changed her mind.

This doesn't help OP but to be fair to Applecart, you all going on about him always repeating the get your horses freezemarked comment, but so many don't LISTEN.

Its a sad fact that this forum is littered with horses going missing or stolen, and yet very few take notice of freezemark/hoof brands.

Farmkey stipulate you must keep the brand clipped short in winter so its easily read.

OP I keep my fingers and toes crossed for you, and in the mean time I hope some good comes out of this and
A. Pony is found safe
B . others think of marking

Last edited:

powderly

Visit site
Despite all of our endeavors Tic Toc has still not been found. Please watch and share to help bring our lovely boy home. Yes he wasn't freeze marked, but please don't let this be the story. Tic Toc is the loved pony of my 5 yr old who is heartbroken. The debate on whether we should or shouldn't have freeze marked a Grey is irrelevant. Please take a look at this video and share ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s81aKQPVRXA