Storm

Piccy

Visit site
I worry about everyone's animals in the this weather not only my own: awful hearing all this wind. Stay safe everyone.

One More

Visit site
Same LadyInRed, I'm in the kent area too, I think these are the highest winds we've had! Big tree just gone down at the farm next door, luckily they moved the horses out of that paddock elsewhere yesterday!

LaMooch

Visit site
I'm not looking forward to driving tomorrow with all the possible fallen tree's etc. Hope everyone and they family and animals are safe

suffolkmare

Visit site
Wind really getting up here now too. My boy is out 24/7 (with the other ponies, the horses get stables), not sure if I'd want him in though as i'd worry about the roof blowing away; saw clip on news of a council building roof flying off into the car park. Plus after all the rain earlier the river levels will be rising again like last Friday. At least it drained away quite quickly last weekend, I feel for poor flooded folk. Let's hope the forecast is right with an improvement next week.

JLD

Visit site
I've been out to check him 3 x already ! He is looking a bit worried but ok - he can go from stable to yard to field as he wants to and he is in and out like a yo yo ! The wind trapped me in the feed room for 10 mins as I couldn't open the door and my electric fencing has blown down again and my chicken house has just transported itself with chickens in situ !! We are in Sussex.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Its scary in Bedfordshire but in.really worried for all those on the south coast......im a member of the Weymouth and Portland group...its me home away from home.....and some of the pictures are terrifying....the beach is up.to the promenade....and flood sire s going off in chisel beach, Portland road is closed.....i hope everyone down there stays safe.

:(

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
I know my lad is ok. But riding out, I keep seeing sheep in trouble. I confronted an owner two days ago about five dead sheep "Oh it's the weather". I told him his field is on a slope, and to buck his ideas up.

Went past today on Shy, and glad to report one dead sheep, and a round bale of hay in the field !

ladyt25

Visit site
I really feel for you guys down there. We had some string winds here on Wed night and are supposed to have more tonight but nothing yet and we haven't suffered the flooding like those in the south west. Must be horrid :(

Our horses though really weren't that bothered at all though when it was windy the other night. I think us humans do worry more than they do! :)

KidnapMoss

Visit site
This is the worst night so far :( my husbands horse and my elderly pony who both need to come in at night are in and my two exmoors are out. I've put rugs on them both. The reason being is they are standing further out in the field after 4 big trees have come down. The field has thick hedges on all 4 sides and normally they would tuck them selves under but self preservation has kicked in, hence why I have rugged them. My neighbour lost his barn roof on wed so I'm equally worried about the stabled two. We only have two stables as well. Could cry with the stress of it :( :(

Doris68

Visit site
Here in mid Suffolk, it's the worst it's been - the wind is horrendous. Fortunately, my old mare is here at home and her stable is protected from the worst of the wind. I do feel for all of you who are being badly affected by these vicious winds and rain. Keep safe!

LaMooch

Visit site
Here in mid Suffolk, it's the worst it's been - the wind is horrendous. Fortunately, my old mare is here at home and her stable is protected from the worst of the wind. I do feel for all of you who are being badly affected by these vicious winds and rain. Keep safe!

I'm mid Suffolk to and it is worse sounded so far too. Even the dog is unsettled by it

lhotse

Visit site
I'm in S.Glos and I swear I can feel my house moving with each gust. The wind is actually whistling outside and I'm waiting for next door's 10 ft christmas angel to depart from it's permanent residence on the garage roof and head towards my car! Horses are in, have a stone built barn so they should be fine. Waiting for the power to go off any time soon. Must be gusting 65mph out there. At least we aren't in any flood affected area though.

LaMooch

Visit site
You're right LaMooch - this is really bad! Hope it fizzles out soon. Give your dog a huge cuddle!

going to sleep in lounge so he has company. Plus I don't sleep well so watch TV. Hope fizzles out by morning but drive in morning going to be fun

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Getting scary here too, the double glazed windows are creaking scarily and the strongest gusts are upsetting the cats.

The roof on my storage area is on its way out so reckon that may be gone by the morning but would rather that go than his/ anyone else's stables. Want to go and check him but usually YO checks on them at least once and last really bad winds she went up about 3 times that evening

Hope everyone and their animals stay safe

Last edited:

ladyt25

Visit site
It is the worst thing doing the drive to the stables/field in the morning. We have an oak and ash tree in our fields that have suffered some partial loss over the years but they both survived wed night and the ash tree is right on top of the hill. Stay safe everyone and fingers crossed the worst of it will be over after the weekend.

LaMooch

Visit site
Christmas Eve I went to do my friends horses at 6am to be home before OH went to work because of daughter and what was normally a 20min journey was 40min having to keep turning round because of fallen tree's. Not looking forward to tomorrow as well as debris maybe flooding

I need Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
I'm in S.Glos and I swear I can feel my house moving with each gust. The wind is actually whistling outside and I'm waiting for next door's 10 ft christmas angel to depart from it's permanent residence on the garage roof and head towards my car! Horses are in, have a stone built barn so they should be fine. Waiting for the power to go off any time soon. Must be gusting 65mph out there. At least we aren't in any flood affected area though.

Yes, I can feel our house judder with the strong gusts too up here on top of the North Downs. Keep going out to see if my chicken house is here still, it was 10 mins ago but I half expect them gone by the morning

lhotse

Visit site
The tiles are really rattling on the roof now. It goes eerily quiet then all hell breaks loose. Concerned about my niece who works in Glos and has to drive back to Hartpury College at 2am. Hopefully she's not in the car on her own!