Storm

Ricedance

Visit site
Horrific rain turning out and walking dog this morning, still belting now. I rebuilt a paddock for my oldie last night so he’s got enough cover to not turn it into a mud pit but watching the grass too. I can see puddles sitting in my paddock on my field camera though and just know if it carries on I’ll have to try move him over the far side but then would he would be against my neighbours fence line who doesn’t poo pick or look after her horse in any way so imagine he has a high worm burden 🤷🏼😬

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It started snowing here about 8.00 am and we have a covering. Horses are out in rugs, standing mainly against the wall that gives a bit of shelter from the east wind but venturing into the field shelter which gives protection from the prevailing westerly wind to nibble on some hay.
Friend whose journey to work usually includes a stretch of the M62 into Greater Manchester has decided to play it safe and work from home, so no Daycare Dig here today.

southerncomfort

Visit site
Snowing steadily here and got a decent covering, but the Amber warning for heavy snow doesn't come in to force until lunchtime.

The breeze is causing a bit of drifting. Think that might be a problem come evening rush hour.

94lunagem

Visit site
It is absolutely miserable and raining/sleeting here, but no proper snow thankfully, far too wet for anything to settle.

I think it's pretty cold and the wind is bitter, but mine seem quite happy out. Neither are rugged but neither are showing any interest in the field shelter or indeed doing any tactical standing against the hedges or trees. More fool them!

SEL

Visit site
Just rain here and the usual spots have flooded.

The council haven't removed the Flood warning sign from a few weeks back and still people try to drive under the railway bridge. Its a big dip and fills with water and drowns cars.

My fields were just standing water this morning and the gateway was dire.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Listening to BBC Radio Sheffield... lots of roads either closed or almost impassible.

Snake and Woodhead both closed, roads around Baslow likewise. Reports of taking an hour and a half to get out of the Hallamshire Hospital car park and onto Glossop Road, which is quite near to the city centre and not on a steep incline.

Schools closing early, and of course nobody lives within walking distance of school any more...

First has stopped all bus routes in the area.

Last edited:

tda

Visit site
Well it has snowed here after all, didn't think it looked too bad but after seeing posts in local WhatsApp group, decided to go to see other ponies on quad bike rather than drive. Got to the main road, three cars stuck on hill coming up 😮 as I was talking to the first chap, his car started sliding back down the hill ! (He was stood next to it!) Luckily it slid back into the hedge rather than the car behind.
I drove past them and by the time I'd fed ponies and spoke to a friend waiting to drive up the road, the lad in front had got going and the others managed to get up too. It is slushy tho