Stormhill youngstock?

kit279

Visit site
Does anyone have any youngstock from the Stormhill stud? I've got my eye on one or two of their fillies with a view to eventing but before I make the long trek to the great South-West, can anyone tell me a bit more about their temperament and trainability?

PS. I know that people may suggest that I buy continental youngstock - I actually would prefer to buy a British or Irish young horse for myself! I don't intend to sell on and it's just for me to ride and since I'm no international rider, it will suit me fine, ta!
grin.gif

hedgehog1

Visit site
i have seen some out showjumping up to about 1.20 ish. they seem capable enough and obliging - not really needing an accurate rider if you get me!!

3Beasties

Visit site
I know a 13.1 Stormhill Pony, not sure if he's from the same place or not but he is a stressy little thing. Quite prone to rearing and napping. Some days he's as good as gold though and is a fantastic hunting pony. He keeps his little 8 year old rider on her toes if you know what I mean!
smirk.gif

lucym

Visit site
i know a girl who had one, nice looking and was quite smart, but lazy, she competed up to unaffil intro and then sold her to a young girl, as she wasnt going to do as much as they had hoped. im sure they are all differnt though, but this particular one wasnt a world beater, but that suits some people
smile.gif

ajf

Visit site
Know of one by Kremlin and he has a HUGE jump but is very easy in every way. As with horses it depends on the individual one u see (this particular one is out of jumping mare)

Eventerchick

Visit site
I have a Stormhill mare by Kremlin who evented up to Intermediate and BD to Adv-Med. She is now in foal as she got a resp virus and I couldn't get her super fit again. So excited for my first foal. She should have gone advanced otherwise. Amazing temp and loads of ability, closely related to others who are doing very well. Small family stud. What you see is what you get, but don't expect shiny youngsters with frills attatched. Quality horses who haven't been stressed or pushed. PM me for more info if you want it.

Knightbridge

New User
Visit site
I have a Stormhill mare by Kremlin who evented up to Intermediate and BD to Adv-Med. She is now in foal as she got a resp virus and I couldn't get her super fit again. So excited for my first foal. She should have gone advanced otherwise. Amazing temp and loads of ability, closely related to others who are doing very well. Small family stud. What you see is what you get, but don't expect shiny youngsters with frills attatched. Quality horses who haven't been stressed or pushed. PM me for more info if you want it.

Thats interesting. I have a gelding who's grandsire is Kremlin. He was definitely bred to event, but moves really nicely too and I'm going to try BD as well as BE!