Stradivarious - One Final Song

Visit site
Goodwood Cup 3.35pm today.

Stradivarious goes out for, quite probably, his last dance today. I truly truly hope the old boy can go out with a win. He deserves it. Frankie has been kicked off for Atzeni who has won on him every time he has ridden him. Let's hope he gets a clean run and show what he can really do at a track he loves.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
I think I read that the owners said if he runs well they will run him again at York, essentially it looks like they aren't planning on retiring him till he is well and truly done in.

I read that as well and interpreted it the same as you, they are desperate to keep going unless he gets truly stuffed

Visit site
I wasn't a Holly Doyle fan before and I am even less of one now. Twice she shifted over to take his gap away. Safely to be fair, she rode a great race and did what was best for her horse but its like Tiger Roll, you want them to win because they are legends!

The owners do make me laugh. They insist he will stand at stud for the flat but no flat breeder will touch him. He will end up siring National hunt horses but the stud fee is a mere fraction for NH horses compared to their flat counterparts.

Visit site
He's not fast enough. All the big money races around the world are 1m-1m4f. A horse that stays further is slower.

For breeding purposes you want a horse that can win the Guinaes at a Mile before stepping up to 1mile 4furlongs for the Derby. The Prix de L'arc de Triomphe is just shy of 1mile 4furlongs. The Breeders Cup Classics are 1mile 2furlongs. The prize money for these races is phenomenal. If your horse can win any of these then the offspring will sell for a fortune at the sales and the males can command a very nice stud fee.

Yeats won 4 Ascot Gold Cup's and he stands at stud for around €5000. That's nothing compared to what a good flat sire will stand for. You add another 0 on for the very good ones, you add another digit starting with 1 or 2 onto the front as well as the extra 0 for the truly exceptional flat sires.

Parrotperson

Visit site
I wondered about Nilsen saying they’d only let him be used for flat horses! Ridiculous. No one will touch him as Elf says.

Well I guess they might to start with but he’d have to sure a derby winner to carry on doing it and it’s not gonna happen.

He should go and jump a hurdle. So should Trushan. Both wasted on the flat…..?

bonny

Visit site
I wondered about Nilsen saying they’d only let him be used for flat horses! Ridiculous. No one will touch him as Elf says.

Well I guess they might to start with but he’d have to sure a derby winner to carry on doing it and it’s not gonna happen.

There’s no reason in theory that he couldn’t sire a derby winner, the trouble is he won’t get good enough mares sent to him to make it happen. I would send a mare to him if I had one ? A person can dream !

Visit site

You can bet on them in the Champion Hurdle and Supreme Novices. Actually of you offer a booky a bet they will give you odds and take it on a 'no run, no refund' kind of bet because you were stupid enough to make it in the first place ?

The Irish Draft 2022

Visit site
They would be better off gelding because the flat breeders won’t be interest him. he is to big boned he is built like a notional hunt horse flat breeders want lighter build horse and isn’t fast enough and hasn’t traveled around the world to the big races . He would be considered to slow in reality he is breed to be notional hunt horse but is racing in flat. This is probably the reason why owner won’t retire him and try to keep him going because he doesn’t have any value in breeding they aren’t stupid they know deep down there won’t be a interest. part of me feels sorry for the horse because he probably end up breaking down. There is a lot to be said for retraining.

bonny

Visit site
They would be better off gelding because the flat breeders won’t be interest him. he is to big boned he is built like a notional hunt horse flat breeders want lighter build horse and isn’t fast enough and hasn’t traveled around the world to the big races . He would be considered to slow in reality he is breed to be notional hunt horse but is racing in flat. This is probably the reason why owner won’t retire him and try to keep him going because he doesn’t have any value in breeding they aren’t stupid they know deep down there won’t be a interest. part of me feels sorry for the horse because he probably end up breaking down. There is a lot to be said for retraining.
Just about everything you have written is wrong .....he’s bred to be a flat racehorse, he looks like one, an eight year old stallion which is what he is. The rest is just made up rubbish.

olop

Visit site
It was a great race I thought he was going to get there.
Does anyone know why he’s got the huge scar down his tummy, presume he’s had some kind of surgery?

Smoky 2022

Visit site
I agree it’s completely ridiculous and unrealistic expectations. No flat breeder will want him .

he is not that impressive compared to other stallions at stud . He is just overrated. He hasn’t won anything impressive he only won in Ireland and uk. He is 8 it’s time for him to retire his owner are just greedy for money.