Strangles test...arghh!!

Caol Ila

Visit site
The vet took bloods from the baby horse a couple weeks ago, and then I heard nothing. Admittedly, I spaced following it up until yard manager asked me about the results on Saturday. Oh, yeah. That. I figured they'd just forgot to ring me. My usual vet forgot to ring me about the strangles test when I moved my horse to current yard. No big deal. But nothing I can do until vet offices open on Monday. I call them, and it turns out they lost the sample. Just vanished! Gone! Now they have to go back out to the yard to take another one, but the horse's breeder isn't available to deal until Tuesday. But horse is scheduled to move on Thursday, and I've paid for the transport. Vet thinks they can probably get it sorted by Thursday, but the receptionist was hedging her guarantees.

Sometimes, I hate people.

bouncing_ball

Visit site
The vet took bloods from the baby horse a couple weeks ago, and then I heard nothing. Admittedly, I spaced following it up until yard manager asked me about the results on Saturday. Oh, yeah. That. I figured they'd just forgot to ring me. My usual vet forgot to ring me about the strangles test when I moved my horse to current yard. No big deal. But nothing I can do until vet offices open on Monday. I call them, and it turns out they lost the sample. Just vanished! Gone! Now they have to go back out to the yard to take another one, but the horse's breeder isn't available to deal until Tuesday. But horse is scheduled to move on Thursday, and I've paid for the transport. Vet thinks they can probably get it sorted by Thursday, but the receptionist was hedging her guarantees.

Sometimes, I hate people.

I’m having a similar nightmare with strangles testing. Hope you get your results back time. I’m hoping minr align to come back tomorrow!

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Dont hold your breath. I had an awful time with mine being tested, lost samples, lab closed, results sent but not received, results in conclusive arghhhhh

Apizz2019

Visit site
Ask your vet if they can courier the results to the lab. More pricey but you'll have the results within 24-48 hours.

I had a strangles nightmare last year.

Ended up doing the pouch wash, which was negative.....

Caol Ila

Visit site
The horse is from a closed herd at a yard with virtually no traffic coming in. So it's all a formality. Just a frustrating one. I'm just pissed off and surprised that a large veterinary practice could attain such a high level of ineptitude. How does stuff "get lost in the post?" I have never lost anything in the post.

Bernster

Visit site
Aye the only time I needed to do it was part of a stressful time anyway and we had to test twice. Had a very worrying few days when the first came back inconclusive and seemed to indicate they’d maybe been exposed. Re tested at a different clinic and totally clear. First clinic - my vet has stopped using them as they kept getting inconclusive back.

Britestar

Visit site
The horse is from a closed herd at a yard with virtually no traffic coming in. So it's all a formality. Just a frustrating one. I'm just pissed off and surprised that a large veterinary practice could attain such a high level of ineptitude. How does stuff "get lost in the post?" I have never lost anything in the post.

I'm afraid things get lost all the time. if you send enough out, some will not arrive. I post out 30-50 parcels a weeks, and probably a couple a month get lost.