Stressed

cambrica

Visit site
Oh Jess, if everyone cared for their horses in the way you did for Prince the world would be a much happier place. So sorry to read this but be very proud of what you acheived with him. I am so pleased you had Cbmcts there to support you, what a wonderful lady!
R.I.P Prince - you live on in the hearts of many.

GrumpyHero

Visit site
RIP Prince.
Jessi, you should be so proud of yourself for giving an old horse a good few months. He should have been loved like you loved him for all of his life, what a shame his previous owner didn't appreciate him. At least he went knowing warmth, kindness and with a full belly.

Don't be hard on yourself xx

Hetsmum

Visit site
Have followed this from the beginning. So very sorry for your loss Jess. You have done a wonderful thing for Prince and no horse could have asked for more. It is such a hard decision to make and many are not brave enough to make it. RIP Prince... forever free xxx

DJ

Visit site
I feel heartless sometimes but mostly angry. I haven't got to being upset yet. I am angry that this wasn't dealt with sooner, I'm angry that he suffered for years, angry that his blood in on my hands on not that of the person who caused such damage.

My dear girl, do not feel angry for what has been ....... Those circumstances are what brought him to you, for him to be loved, to feel cherished and to bow out graciously with people who cared about him, there with him til his last breath. Feel sad for those who did not appreciate his magnificence. You touched his soul ... just as he has touched yours, and though they leave a gaping hole when they go, that hole soon fills with the precious memories they leave with us. Feel sad for them, for the love they never experienced ..... feel grief for yourself at losing a kindred spirit ... but know always, he`s there with you, his spirit dances on the winds, and whispers through the trees ... Please be kind to yourself and concentrate on your mare ... she needs you now honey xx

southerncomfort

Visit site
Jess - You are such a brave and selfless person. You fought tooth and nail to save Prince and when it became obvious that he probably didn't have much time left, you made the selfless decision to let him go before he suffered.

I hope one day you can look back and be proud of your actions and all the love and kindness you showed Prince in his final days.

God bless. xx

Biglets Mummy

Visit site
My dear girl, do not feel angry for what has been ....... Those circumstances are what brought him to you, for him to be loved, to feel cherished and to bow out graciously with people who cared about him, there with him til his last breath. Feel sad for those who did not appreciate his magnificence. You touched his soul ... just as he has touched yours, and though they leave a gaping hole when they go, that hole soon fills with the precious memories they leave with us. Feel sad for them, for the love they never experienced ..... feel grief for yourself at losing a kindred spirit ... but know always, he`s there with you, his spirit dances on the winds, and whispers through the trees ... Please be kind to yourself and concentrate on your mare ... she needs you now honey xx
What beautiful words. be kind to yourself Jessie.xxxx

Tangled

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read this Jessi. I've been following your story and your plight for Prince from the beginning. I'm so sorry, RIP Prince. Massive hugs xxx

Nannon

Visit site
You should be so proud of what you did for him, just to give him a few months of love and kindness was a wonderful thing and to let him go without pain or suffering.
RIP Prince

splashnutti1

Visit site
awww so sorry to hear this hun, you should be proud of everything you did for Prince and for the brave decision you made for him, he was lucky to have you love him.

Big (((hugs))) for you. Rip prince xx

Clodagh

Visit site
You did brilliantly with him. He was loved, well looked after and happy and had a lovely last few months with a full tum and the sun on his back.
RIP Prince.

Zero00000

Visit site
I too have followed this story, You never gave up on Prince and right down to his final breath you had his best intentions at heart.

Condolences to you Jess, Well done for everything you did for him! He was a lucky boy xx

ShadowHunter

Visit site
oh Jess, my screens gone all blurry.

You were a lot braver than i would have been and because of that Prince wont have to struggle through any pain. You gave him so much in his last few months than he's had for most of his life.

RIP Prince, You'll never be forgotten

LittleMonster

Visit site
RIP Prince

Jess i'm sorry to hear this, I'm glad someone was with you to support you.
My thoughts are with you, and well done for giving him some well much needed love and food!

TheSylv007

www.ridewelland.co.uk
Very sad news. The saddest thing is the lack of care shown by the previous owner leading to Prince being in the situation he was in. I hope he's ashamed of himself. But hats off to Jess who fought so hard for him and made sure that he didn't finish his life in the way that he was forced to live it. Props to you and I hope that it brings you some comfort.

Doormouse

Visit site

This brought a real lump to my throat and tears to my eyes, quite beautifully put.

I am so sorry Jess but be proud of what you did and know he was and is eternally grateful to you.

TrasaM

Visit site

Thank you for phrasing this so beautifully. I've tried to post a few times but anything I wrote seemed so inadequate. Even my non horsey OH was upset as I've been showing him the photos and telling him about Prince. Take care sweetie. You did good. Xx