Suggestions for promoting my new tack shop

amandathepanda

Visit site
My tack shop in Cheltenham has just opened & yes, I am getting customers but obviously I need to make the most of the pre-christmas season. I'm already distributing leaflets offering 10% discount if you spend over £50. Has anyone got any other bright ideas I can use to help get people into my shop? I'm already contacting all the local riding clubs/pony clubs & have done a huge leaflet dop around all the yards in the area. What would encourage you to use a new tack shop? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Baileyhoss

Visit site
what about a well publicesed opening event, a special evening one with an additional discount for that night, and a perhaps a completentary glass of something sparkly with maybe a feed rep or saddlefitter on hand for demo/advice?

Kenzo

Visit site
Hmmm let see, what about a free saddle demo service for a new brand of saddle?or what about a grand draw, raffle tickets, a prize from your tack shop to winner and the proceeds from the tickets to a local charity? errr...I'll keep thinking

Baileyhoss

Visit site
and if you have country clothing as well as horsy stuff, don't forget to hit non horsy clubs too. - dog clubs, puppy training, birdwatching, sports clubs etc.

CVSHotShot

Visit site
Oh yeahh...I finally get to put my business studies A-level in2 practice! Woohoo! lol
grin.gif
*geek*

I would do LOTS of promotions and make sure you get them well advertised.

So stuff like:

--A 'Happy hour' Where you decide which hour in a day you temporarily reduce the price of your stock, it might only be 5%/10% but when well advertised you get a whole rush of people who end up spending money on stuff they wouldn't usually buy and stuff they dont really need just because its on offer.

--Loyalty/ reward cards, the more they spend, the more they save.

--Package deals-Buy a JW head collar, get JW lead rope 1/2 price etc

--Christmas promotions, throw a cuddly ponies rug, lead rope, head collar, & grooming kit together and sell it as the 'Perfect present' for your kids pony etc. Parents cant be arsed running about finding loads of different stuff, so something in a 'package' is much handier & you are making 3/4 slaes rather than 1 lol

Then contact local tack shops and ask them to put you on their 'links' page...(personally I do alot of shopping online and thats who I find out other stores.)

good luck!
grin.gif

xx

amandathepanda

Visit site
Hmmmm..... Liking the idea of dog clubs etc. The Grand Opening thing is a good plan (especially with bubbly!) & the raffle idea is something I was already thinking about. My main problem is that I am a little bit off the beaten track so it is a case of working out how to get people to know where I am!

kate081

Visit site
When horseatack opened in MK they got on the local radio. Think that got word around pretty quick. If you did a launch day, you could get the radio to interview you about it for free...

redbeetle4403

Visit site
Well done!

PM me if you are interested in setting up a website / online store where you can accept credit cards and sell worldwide. I have 7 years professional experience, and I am doing special offers for equine related businesses at the moment.

Kindest regards

kcinks

Visit site
Get a list of all the shows that are on in your area and hand out leaflets /money off vouchers or a leaflet saying "produce this and get a free....whatever, it doesn't need to be big, people like to get a little something. I have a shop selling ink cartridges (which is not sexy!!!) and I give out something different every month. It doesn't even have to do with horses, at the moment if someone spends more than £25 they get free chocolate covered Kendal Mint Cake!! We also run a competion every two months if you have bought something in the shop you are entered in a draw, this time it is a week in Brittany for 5 people. We didn't pay for it
blush.gif
, we have promoted the owners gite for them in the shop and on the internet.

P.S hope you are feeling better!!!
grin.gif

charlotte24

www.charlottekane.webs.com
I wouldnt offer to many money of deals!! You should pride yourself with your knoledge and exsperiance.
I think it would be a nice idea to have an opening with a nutritional exspert.
Also go round the local shows maybe you could donate a small prize for a class.

Dizzle

Visit site
You deff need more promotion, I've not heard of you and I'm in Cheltenham!

The local paper seem to have got rid of their whole Equestrian section they used to do in the weekend magazine. I admit though I always do a quick search for 'horse' in their online classifieds.

What about local hunts? They probably have a mailing list or newsletter??

amandathepanda

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ooh, what about adding to your signature on here and posting it on other horse related forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly if i do that Admin might not be very happy as they don't take kindly to advertising on the forum
mad.gif
Will PM you though
smile.gif

help1

Visit site
Tried to PM you as I am not that far away and have never heard of your tack shop - please let me know where you are. Just a though but what about ringing livery yards and asking to put a link on thier sites to yours.

Also what about riniging the ocal papers and asking them to do a news story - new buisness despite the credit crunch?