Suggestions to work thighs out whilst riding...

GSLS

Visit site
Hi All I know that when I do a bit of sitting trot, especially bareback or no stirrups it feels like I've been to the gym and done an abs workout, or when I've lifted wheelbarrows etc that works my arms. But has anyone found anything I can do in the saddle to get off and really feel like I've worked the tops of my legs (especially), as they are rather large and it's not muscle :( lol. If I ride several horses my inner thighs hurt but I think that's more from the friction/gripping than the muscles working out. I've never got off and felt like the tops of my thighs/outside have been worked out.

Can anyone help? Thals

vickyb

Visit site
Try trotting for long periods standing in your stirrups in a jockey type position. We used to have a long (mile+) hill which we used to do this up, at a fairly slow trot - we would also be riding quite short. Both horses and riders were puffing after this exertion - my thighs used to be on fire!

Theocat

Visit site
It's not really an activity where you'll really use the outside of your thighs, to be honest. The exercises above are good but won't really help what you need! Can you fit in any exercise other than riding?

Farma

Visit site
while warming up lift your legs off the saddle slowly out to the sides and back again, then lift your heels slowly toward you bum cheek and repeat several times, that gives the thighs a nice work out, good for opening the hips, deepening the seat and toning the thighs :)

Kat

Visit site
You can't spot reduce, if you want to make your thighs smaller then you need to burn fat by using more calories than you are taking in.