Supportive, cushioned, waterproof wellies or boots?

Widgeon

Visit site
Aigle Parcours ISO - the neoprene lined ones. They're lovely and warm in the winter if a little bit sweaty in Summer - I only wear them if I have to in Summer and just go for walking trainers most of the time then.

This is what I have - I have slightly flat feet and get stabbing pains in the arch if I wear anything that I haven't put special insoles in. I can wear the Aigles for walking in the winter (without any special insoles) and my feet are perfectly comfy and well supported. They feel almost like walking boots in terms of the amount of support they give me. They may not fit everyone's feet, and do make sure you get the right size, but I love mine. Good grippy sole too.

Littlefloof

Visit site
Just got some "Bison" fishing wellies on eBay. Neoprene lining, chunky tread, the sole feels comfy and cushioned and they were half the price of muck boots.

Edited to add that they are not steel toecapped.

Last edited:

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
My update is I bought Aigle Parcours over the summer. I bought them 2 sizes bigger to accommodate some additional insoles. Comfy, warm and dry so far but quite heavy. I’m thinking I maybe should have gone only one size bigger but they’re fine otherwise.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
I tried on Rudds wellies at YHL, as a life long le chameau wearer I think I'm going to be tempted to convert, they seemed exceptionally comfy.
Neoprene lined, with no seams at the back of the ankle to prevent rubs or wear, seriously cushioned insole and vibram soles and a 12 month guarantee. Also a British company :)

Thanks for this - it's really interesting to hear.

rabatsa

Far from the madding crowd
Visit site
Which ones does he wear? Had a quick google but there's a number of options.

I'm looking for some that give wickedly good support for yomping over rough ground and keep the feet dry. I like my walking boots and gaiters, but standing in an icy cold puddle is more than they can cope with :eek::oops:
The Thermo ones.

GREYSMEADOW

Visit site
I haven't sorry - all I can say is the Aigles with a heel lift inside do the job for me. They're very roomy so you could easily put an insole in them.

I currently have my Ariat insoles in my Le Chameaus (Vierzoncord) but they have been quite tight (pain) even without the insoles so I think they have changed the sizing compared to my previous Chameaus (the ones what leak). It is a toss up between Aigle Parcour ISO and the Rudds but I am wondering if the Rudds have enough heal and also whether I go for a whole size up too, but the Aigles come in half sizes which is useful. Decisions, decisions decisions!

Mister Ted

Visit site
I love Barbour wellies great foot support and suit my slim foot and leg but were a devil to get off.I see they now have shorter length wellies since I complained.! Lol .Found Aglie Victorienne good for dog walking the long and short are easy to get off and very comfy.I am always on the lookout for supportive wellies and boots as like you I have foot problems.I have found padded walking socks are useful too.