supposed "knowledable horse lovers" FFS...........

L

lilym

some of you may remember me posting about the bunny loving tree huggers i used to share a yard with......well the two faced backstabbing morons have surpassed themselves this time. they had an equine on loan from a mutual aquaintance who has been away at college, the said mutual aq. rang me today to say they had visited their animal and in short collected it that day.........it's hooves are like turkish slippers it has laminitis, and looks worm ridden... poor poor creature, i have worked out that the feet were last trimmed in january because I like a mug footed the bill....... the other equines on the property looked rank as well, the pasture is covered in [shite], the yard like a shithole, feet unattended to..... i don't need to go on.....the ILPH have been called, which is why this post is vague, believe me i would LOVE to name and shame......i have sent a dung sample to the lab, it will beinteresting to see what comes up..
obviously things are getting hard for them now they haven't got me to take advantage of, i really feel for those animals, but i couldn't bankrupt myself to keep them as well as my own which is one reason why i moved, and yet i was the "cruel" one because i rode my horse????????? yet she was shod on time , wormed, teeth etc????? i just can't fecking beileve they let an animal in their "care" get into this state BLOODY DISGUSTING, AND IF YOU ARE LURKING ON HERE, AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU OUGHT TO BE BLOODY DAMN WELL ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, YOU SELFISH, LAZY, STUPID BIATCH.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

serena2005

Visit site
bloody hell. thats disgrace full i dont know how anyone could treat any animal like that, i feel bad enough if i turn my boys out with out a dinner.

calon

Visit site
i have come across this sort many times ignorance is a very dangerous thing where horses are concerned what idiots they shouldnt be allowed animals

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
...and breathe........agree disgraceful, I hope that the ILPH throw the book at them! Poor ponies, lets hope the tree huggers get a ban for life! I also hope that they are reading this post - if you are I have to ask WHY?

clipclop

Visit site
Sounds bad!!
mad.gif

What makes them bunny huggers? (Or just point me in the right direction).

Hope it all gets sorted soon.
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
Disgraceful & appalling in the extreme!
mad.gif

Do these 'tree-huggers' believe they are keeping their ponies in a 'natural' state then, unfettered by the stress of being 'ridden' & 'fiddled with'?
Or are they just plain lazy & pig-ignorant?

Either way, I hope they get the book thrown at them (I presume they have now been reported to the relevant bodies?) - there is no excuse for this sort of ignorant cruelty whatsever!
mad.gif

nrob1982

Visit site
The theory that horses should only ever be happy carefree creatures that are allowed to run free is one that is perpetuated only by the truly ignorant.

There is a persuasive argument that if the horse had never been domesticated it would have been hunted to extinction for food. That is certainly what happened in the Americas.

The idea that clever old man domesticated cats, dogs, horses cattle etc simply because of his massive mental superiority is a pretty dumb concept. As anyone who has tried to catch an unwilling pony will know.

Most experts now believe that domestication occurred because there was something in it for both sides. In the case of the horse, we got a mode of transport and draught while they got the two things horses crave most.....security and access to food and water.

Neil

G1day

Visit site
better to be a "bunny hugger" than a bunny boiler!!!! Honeslty horse/animal cruelty is everywhere....not just by the people OP has described.... if you think that, then you are seriously deluded!!! <span style="color:red"> </span>

G1day

Visit site
If you are supposing or assuming then tis yourself who is an ignorant prat...... I am new here...is this how you treat all your "newbies"? Also if this is how you treat folk you don't know, how on earth do you treat your horse? You say you nearly went bankrupt through paying for services for other's ponies...... Why? Are you some kind of Mother theresa of the equine world?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Where on earth does Lilym suggest that cruelty DOESN'T exist all over the place? (check out the news forum for instance)
She was describing one example what I agree to be disgusting negligence and ignorance, which IMO is JUST as bad as wilful cruelty, and the fact that she spent money out of her own pocket to help horses in need to my mind shows she's a genuinely caring person.

G1day

Visit site
Yes well it maybe cruel, but she also says she "worked out that said horse hadn't had a trim since Jan" , in which case, she doesn't actually know when the last time was.... we have barefoot horses on my yard and do not get regular trims.... no it's not cruel, it's just that the horse does not need it done every month, due to the work it's doing/feed it's getting and whatever other aspect of it's life. It does see the farrier and if it needs a trim, it gets it, if it doesn't...well...there you go. Do you think that's cruel? Unless this Lilym is the YO of the yard, then really it's none of her business how people treat their horses...if she's concerned by all means report them, but by willingly getting the horse trimmed or whatever, then she is what we north of the border call...."sticking her nose in where it ain't wanted" people might say i was cruel to my horse because he had a wound on his hock this year and we rode him all the while it was open, it took 4months to heal.....what do you say to that? I will give you the ansa later.

G1day

Visit site
another thought...if said horse had feet trimmed in january...and it takes 9months for hoof to grow from coronet band to the floor...then how is it possible for the hoof to be upturned? for it to be that bad, it must have been growing for well over a year with no trims, and walking on hard ground.. sorry...think Op is exaggerating and talking pish! as for laminitis this is easy to miss, if you don't know what to look for. It does not take an IH to know these things, any good horseperson should know this! It's pretty basic stuff...is this not the Horse &amp; hound website...do you guys not read the magazine?

L

lilym

no tosspot, i'm not. i was fed up of them stealing my hay feed and bedding, that's all, and it's funny you should come on here and try to defend them..........i look after my lot very well thanks, fed properly, feet and teeth attended to, etc etc, ALL THEIR BASIC NEEDS ARE MET, unlike these idiots. i treat newbies well unless they pee me off by suggesting i neglect my horses, thanks very much.

L

lilym

[ QUOTE ]
Yes well it maybe cruel, but she also says she "worked out that said horse hadn't had a trim since Jan" , in which case, she doesn't actually know when the last time was.... we have barefoot horses on my yard and do not get regular trims.... no it's not cruel, it's just that the horse does not need it done every month, due to the work it's doing/feed it's getting and whatever other aspect of it's life. It does see the farrier and if it needs a trim, it gets it, if it doesn't...well...there you go. Do you think that's cruel? Unless this Lilym is the YO of the yard, then really it's none of her business how people treat their horses...if she's concerned by all means report them, but by willingly getting the horse trimmed or whatever, then she is what we north of the border call...."sticking her nose in where it ain't wanted" people might say i was cruel to my horse because he had a wound on his hock this year and we rode him all the while it was open, it took 4months to heal.....what do you say to that? I will give you the ansa later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I AIN'T STICKING MY NOSE IN WHERE IT AIN'T WANTED AT ALL, THE WELFARE OF THE PONY WAS MY MAIN CONCERN ACTUALLY. AND FYI I HAD A BAREFOOT HORSE MYSELF A TB WHO'S FEET WERE JUST NOT ABLE TO COPE WITH BEING SHOD, BUT HE WAS AS SOUND AS APOUND BAREFOOT SO THAT'S HOW HE STAYED.
WHAT HAS REALLY PEEVED ME WAS THE FACT THAT THEY LIED ABOUT THE FEET BEING TRIMMED AND SAID THEY WERE DONE SIX WEEKS AGO, WHEN CLEARLEY THEY WERE NOT, WHAT FARRIER IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULD LEAVE A PONY WITH IT'S TOES TURNING UP, IT'S HEELS LOW AND UNABLE TO WALK??????? ALSO IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THE FEET HAD NOT BEEN PICKED OUT FOR AGES, AND AS FOR THE STATE OF FOOTCARE FOR THE OTHER HORSES ON THE PROPERTY, WORDS FAIL ME, SO DON'T COME ON HERE SPOUTING OFF CRAP, WHEN YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE SITUATION, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU DO
wink.gif

L

lilym

[ QUOTE ]
another thought...if said horse had feet trimmed in january...and it takes 9months for hoof to grow from coronet band to the floor...then how is it possible for the hoof to be upturned? for it to be that bad, it must have been growing for well over a year with no trims, and walking on hard ground.. sorry...think Op is exaggerating and talking pish! as for laminitis this is easy to miss, if you don't know what to look for. It does not take an IH to know these things, any good horseperson should know this! It's pretty basic stuff...is this not the Horse &amp; hound website...do you guys not read the magazine?

[/ QUOTE ]

EASY TO MISS WHEN THE POOR LITTLE FECKER CAN'T WALK???? WELL YOU ARE AS MUCH OF A NUMPTY AS THEY ARE!!!!!

L

lilym

SPEECHLESS?????? YOU WISH....BRING IT ON!!!! YOU WANT A ROW YOUV'E GOT ONE.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
You're very quick to defend someone you don't know... or do you? I don't quite understand your fervour to stick up for someone who either can't be bothered to or doesn't know that she/he should have his/her horses feet trimmed every 6 weeks (I'm not sure which is worse) and should also worm it.
If the horse wasn't being neglected, why would the owner take it away, and why would the ILPH have been called if the horse was fine?
Anyway, it's in their hands now.

L

lilym

TOO right it is PF!! i didn't tell you about the other laminitic pony they had, beat the crap out of it for refusing to move when ridden, when it's feet were obviously sore and it had raging digital pulses???
mad.gif

G1day

Visit site
Now calm down..... getting all upset is not going to help.. I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion group...it clearly isn't. is using caps considered to be shouting here? or did you not realise you had them on? I do that sometimes!

Now, you show me where I said that you don't care for your own horses. Your original post wasn't about your horses, but about someone elses.... and as for your remark about farriers... if you don't trust his opionion on his work, can't you use someone else?

Laminitis....When you were a beginner/novice did you know the signs for laminitis? We were all beginners once...

Now, I have not been rude to you, so why are you rude to me? I have not called you names..... I shall be taking this to the moderater. It is unacceptable for you to be calling people names in a chat room, I suggest that you leave your anger where it belongs. In a little drawer in your bedroom...or kitchen... or wherever, but kindly do not bring it on here, as it is offensive

G1day

Visit site
being quick to defend someone you don't know...or do you?

What happened to humanity? If i was that person (god forbid) and had someone like lilym breathing down my neck....I'd move too!!!! (believe it or not...they might have had other resaons to move, perhaps to a yard where they's get supposrt and advice and not where they'd get nit-picked!)

JAK

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
.. sorry...think Op is exaggerating and talking pish!

[/ QUOTE ]
Second time I've seen that now - just one question - who the hell is OP? Have I missed something somewhere?
confused.gif

_daisy_

Visit site
if they were looking after their horse/pony then Lilym wouldnt be "breathing down their neck" as you so nicely put it. I think thats its great that someone is actually looking out for this horse.