Suprise Foalie Waiting This Morning!!

kimberleigh

Visit site
Introducing my suprise BOGOF!
Dam is my 11.2hh Welsh A, and Sire is a Freisian :eek:

She was waiting for for me when I arrived at 7am this morning, had been up at 9.30pm last night with no signs from Freisa of impending labour!!

When I arrived and brought them straight in out of the rain
DSC_0426.jpg

Cosy and warm
DSC_0430.jpg

Making friends with my son Blake
DSC_0440.jpg

Catching some rare rays this afternoon
DSC_0435.jpg

Up and about
DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

Oops, just getting the hang of balancing as I lay down!
DSC_0437.jpg

Mummy and Daughter
DSC_0438.jpg

Freisa's much reduced tummy!
DSC_0434.jpg

Kim

davard

Visit site
Ahh she's gorgeous. I have been following ur earlier post. she defo gonna be a looker. Will look forward to seeing more pics of her as she grows up x

kimberleigh

Visit site
Ahh she's gorgeous. I have been following ur earlier post. she defo gonna be a looker. Will look forward to seeing more pics of her as she grows up x

Thankyou :) She is adorable (even though I said I hoped she wouldn't really be arriving lol)

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
Love he chunkers legs - not far off mum :D :D Loads of pics as she grows, please!

Hehe that's what I thought too, that she has chunkster legs - not that I told her, don't wanna give the girl a complex!

She's certainly not so little! Will def be postng lots of pics :)

Kim

Fools Motto

Visit site
Lovely 'surprise' you have had. What a clever mummy! Bet she will be a firm family favourite, regardless of what you ''didn't wish for''!
Now, you'll have to give her a name..

Monkers

Visit site
Ah fantastic! I'm so glad all went well! I think you can cancel that bood test now! ;)

Congrats, she's lovely, She will be the pefect second pony once your son grows out of her mother!

Keep your eye on the umbillical stump won't you? It's so muddy at the moment and infections can easily set in. Keep on spraying it for the next few days.

kimberleigh

Visit site
Ah fantastic! I'm so glad all went well! I think you can cancel that bood test now! ;)

Congrats, she's lovely, She will be the pefect second pony once your son grows out of her mother!

Keep your eye on the umbillical stump won't you? It's so muddy at the moment and infections can easily set in. Keep on spraying it for the next few days.

Thankyou :)

My lovely vets have waived the lab fee for the blood test, so only have to pay to call out/blood sample fee!

Yes I will keep a close eye on it, and will keep spraying it

Kim

DressageGroom

Visit site
Lovely foal. My first pony (he made 14.1) was the same breeding and dam/sire we're the same way around. there was a very popular 4 in hand driving team in my area of the same mix too, all out of the same sire.

My pony had an amazing jump on him, great paces, and was an all round 'good guy', hopefully you're as lucky!

kimberleigh

Visit site
Wow! Looks so cute, its amazing after all the worry especially with it possibly being a big sire, that she managed it all on her on and mare and foal look so well :) congrats

I am over the moon she managed it so easily - if anything had happened to Freisa I would be devastated!!

Km

kimberleigh

Visit site
Lovely foal. My first pony (he made 14.1) was the same breeding and dam/sire we're the same way around. there was a very popular 4 in hand driving team in my area of the same mix too, all out of the same sire.

My pony had an amazing jump on him, great paces, and was an all round 'good guy', hopefully you're as lucky!

Aw thanks for sharing that - I hope she turns out to be a good girl! Do you have any photos, I've had a look on the net for welsh a/freisian crosses but can only find welsh d crosses!! 14.1 would be a lovely height, as not massively too small for me either!

Kim

DressageGroom

Visit site
Aw thanks for sharing that - I hope she turns out to be a good girl! Do you have any photos, I've had a look on the net for welsh a/freisian crosses but can only find welsh d crosses!! 14.1 would be a lovely height, as not massively too small for me either!

Kim

I don't think I have any, might be able to get some from my parents though. He was insanely clever and looked like a rocking horse with a beautiful mane and his build gave him amazing self carriage meaning he was super flashy looking and did well in the show ring.

kimberleigh

Visit site
She's lovely, I've been reading you posts with great intrest, I too had a surprise foal 7 weeks ago from a mare bought from Cornwall, I wonder if they are from the same place?
Your filly is really very cute! does she have a name?

It may well be!!

She is a little cutie isn't she! But alas, no name yet!

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
I don't think I have any, might be able to get some from my parents though. He was insanely clever and looked like a rocking horse with a beautiful mane and his build gave him amazing self carriage meaning he was super flashy looking and did well in the show ring.

Sounds beautiful :)

Kim

Queenbee

Visit site
Im so pleased for you, have been following this story with interest, I lost my friesian x mare last month do already have developed a huge soft spot for fresia and her baby, congratulations, you're a very lucky owner :) would be great to see pics of her development over the months to come, as I understand (if I remember correctly from what I've read in the past) in cases where the dam is signigicantly smaller there will be a massive growth rate to begin with, more than normal as the foal catches up to where it should be, then it tapers off to the normal growth rate of a foal that age... Absolutely can't remember where I read that but must have been some research about 20 odd months ago.

teacups

Visit site
Ahh, thank you for posting those photos, and a good amount too.

More today, maybe?

Going to be great to see what she looks like as she grows up! And have you got a name, yet?

SaharaS

Visit site
Shes lovely! well..because she is daughter of Fresia..how about Bresia or Breezie! Method in my madness..she is lovely...and its not exactly summer..it was breezie & vile rain here..but...I had a little lamb born as a surprise last August, same thing, there she was!she had little hearts on her knees so I looked up names that meant hearts/love/lovely..came up with a Greek/Spanish name Breises (as In Achilles concubine) and changed it a little ..her mum was Misty so Breezie it was!

_HP_

Visit site
Beautiful foal...:)

How about Sian (pronounced sharn) as a name for the foal....Mum Friesa, daughter Sian...Friesian..geddit:D

kimberleigh

Visit site
Thanks guys, on phone so can't quote individually!

My other half is coming to meet her today, and he's a budding photographer so hopefully may manage some more shots of her!

I turned them out this morning and foalie spent a very long time doing the zoomies round and round her mummy who just stood eating lol!

As for a name, a friend suggested breeze but I already know lots of horses called breeze which is a shame as I do like it! Sian is very clever too!

However, I do have one name in mind...

It's is Niabi (pronounced nee-ah-bee) which is Native American Indian for 'fawn'
Reasoning is because I like the sound of it firstly, it's really unusual, my son can shorten it to Nia, when I first saw her I thought she was a deer and my dog has a Sioux name (Maska, meaning strong)
What does everyone think?!

Kim

Thistle

Visit site
I like that name, it's unusual but not freaky!

Are you sure dad is Friesan, you said in the other post that a Friesan was in with her in Sept, but that foal would have been conceived mid July - early August.

Polotash

Visit site
Lovely baby, esp the dishy face!

Just a note of caution that if babies can injure themselves they invariably will, so you may want to fence off the horsebox and caravan before baby goes exploring!

domane

Visit site
As I said on the other thread, HUGE congratulations. Can't believe that it's still not quite a week when you posted a pic of her and half-heartedly asked "Do you think she might be in foal?" :D And there is your proof! And what a cutie she is. So glad it all went well...