Suprise Foalie Waiting This Morning!!

kimberleigh

Visit site
I like that name, it's unusual but not freaky!

Are you sure dad is Friesan, you said in the other post that a Friesan was in with her in Sept, but that foal would have been conceived mid July - early August.

Yep, there was no other stallion on the property or in the vicinity!

I think this little girly is early in any case, but I expect the previous owners weren't 100% on dates as I have relied upon them to find out info - they owned her when her previous foal was born but didn't even realise until he was 4 days old that she had even had him :(

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
Lovely baby, esp the dishy face!

Just a note of caution that if babies can injure themselves they invariably will, so you may want to fence off the horsebox and caravan before baby goes exploring!

Thanks :) yes that whole area is fenced off usually but little madam Freisa is a sod for running straight through the tape so I've removed it for the time being as would hate for Freisa to go through and Niabi to follow her and get caught up!

Kim

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Beautiful foal and a lovely name, mum looks so relaxed about it all and your little boy must be delighted to be the proud 'owner' of the new arrival.

Asha

Visit site
Congratulations on your new arrival, she really is a stunner. Its hard to believe a baby that size can have come out of Freisa.

Love the photo of your son with them, he will have some wonderful memories

Im another one who would love to see more photos as she grows

Best wishes

tynedale

Visit site
Huge congratulations, she was rather big!!!!
Foal is going to be loads bigger than her dam, keep them safe and observe loads to make sure all is right.

kimberleigh

Visit site
Thanks everyone for all the lovely replies - I feel like a proud Granny haha!!

She is a big girl, and bloody strong already; think she may keep me on my toes :D

I'm spending every spare minute just sitting around with them. After work today, before I had to pick the little one up from school, I took a book and an upturned bucket and sat in the field with them. It is fascinating to watch Niabi, she moves beautifully already and spends much of her time zooming round her mummy in big circles before laying down and falling asleep in the blink of an eye!
She was very interested in my book and had a good old explore of it with her mouth, until my pages were all full of baby spit haha, so she then started of giving me a good once over until getting bored and falling asleep again!

Here are some more pics...the first 2 taken by my other half (more to come of these but he has yet to upload them, grr does he not realise I needed them done immediately lol)

A lovely deep clean bed of straw a few inches behind her and she chooses to lie down on the hard floor!!
048.jpg

Mummy and baby
017.jpg

Sleeping in the correct area at last
DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

And in her day-glo rug so I can spot her right away!
DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
These were taken of Niabi at 1 day old, courtesy of my wonderful other half :D

017-1.jpg

029.jpg

052.jpg

049.jpg

048-1.jpg

040.jpg

037.jpg

022.jpg

010.jpg

019.jpg

018.jpg

015.jpg

013.jpg

086.jpg

And 2 of her within the past few days, taken by me so not as nice lol

With her very best friend, my son Blake
DSC_0456.jpg

Exploring mummy's bucket
DSC_0462.jpg

Sorry for pic overload, I'm rapt with her as you can probably tell!

Kim

Mega

Visit site
Ahhh she is so goregous my little girl would die for her pony to give us a bogof, unlikely as she's 22 and no where near a stallion, thank goodness! Congratultions, I for one love the picture overload.

teacups

Visit site
Beautiful photos! Thank you so much :D

She is gorgeous - I like the name, too.
Mum gorgeous too, of course - the one of Niabi drinking and her looking round is very nice of her :)

kimberleigh

Visit site
Thanks everyone :)

She is a sweetheart and so confident - she is happy to be handled all over and will pick up each foot for a second or so at a time. My little boy does her rugs by himself now and she responds better for him than anyone else!!
Her little teeth are just coming through and she is showing a keen interest in the grass and haylage :)
She allows the headcollar to be put on and taken off but she isn't keen on being led yet hehe

Kim

Queenbee

Visit site
Thanks everyone :)

She is a sweetheart and so confident - she is happy to be handled all over and will pick up each foot for a second or so at a time. My little boy does her rugs by himself now and she responds better for him than anyone else!!
Her little teeth are just coming through and she is showing a keen interest in the grass and haylage :)
She allows the headcollar to be put on and taken off but she isn't keen on being led yet hehe

Kim

Kim, she is Just beautiful, just seen the pictures that your other half took, they are lovely. So glad you are all doing well. Get us some more pictures soon please :D

kimberleigh

Visit site
Kim, she is Just beautiful, just seen the pictures that your other half took, they are lovely. So glad you are all doing well. Get us some more pictures soon please :D

Thankyou :D
She has stolen my heart - the little monkey hehe. Will get some more photos asap; she has really grown!

Kim

kimberleigh

Visit site
Here are some more Niabi pics taken within the past 2 days - she is 17days old today and an absolute poppet :)

Firstly a pic to show how much shes grown...note the rug in the frst pic in comparison to the 2nd pic!!

1 day old
DSC_0447.jpg

15 days old, she adores my son who feels exactly the same about her :D
DSC_0503.jpg

With her mummy
DSC_0489-1.jpg

Upon leaving her mummy to have an explore she ended up in with my 2 year old Welsh D gelding and my dog!
DSC_0510.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Kim

Clodagh

Visit site
She is beautfiul, a real stunner. I love your 2 year old, so nice to see a welsh in really good condition.

WandaMare

Visit site
What lovely pictures, she looks so sweet :) She looks so happy in the one with your little boy, really nice together :)

kimberleigh

Visit site
She is beautfiul, a real stunner. I love your 2 year old, so nice to see a welsh in really good condition.

Thanks for the compliments on them :D
Lenny, the D, eats like a horse if you wll excuse the pun - but it's great to get some nice feedback on him, as it's hard to tell how they are looking when you see them everyday

Kim