Suspensory ligament

Merlotmonster

Visit site
My horse had a damaged hind suspensory ligament. Despite bringing her back into work very slowly after 6 months off, she re-injured it. After 18 months she still wasnt 100% so has been retired and is now a brodd mare. I would avoid all work in the school and take it really slowly on a hard surface.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Our old boy is having a scan on friday after 10 weeks off with a hole in his suspensory. Whatever the outcome we are leaving him until January before we start riding of any sort.

angiebaby

Visit site
OMG spoke too soon, My pony got away from me today as I was walking him ( with a chifney bit on) he bucked cantered and everything else around the village
mad.gif
, it was 10 mins before I could catch him. I cold hosed him for 10 mins and wrapped a stable bandage around. Waiting for the vet to ring for advice. What now!?
confused.gif

star

Visit site
dont panic - 2nd day of box rest my horse barged past me out of the stable - careered round the car park like a motorbike and galloped flat out the 10min walk down to his normal field. when we were doing trot work i had to start turning him out full time as he was going nuts in the stable and he galloped the fenceline for about 10minutes - i'm surprised he ever recovered really! hope your pony is ok after his exploits!

angiebaby

Visit site
Just checked him, resting that leg a little, but no heat and only small amount of swelling that was there before, so, touch wood should be ok. Vet says to keep him in until next Fri ( he is visiting that day)If he is sound then I can start to ride him for 15 mins a day, He is a pussy cat to ride !

Doublethyme

Visit site
Topical thread for me, waiting to take my mare for a scan on Monday with a potential suspensory ligament problem in the fetlock/pastern area of a hind leg.

Dreading the outcome, but trying to stay positive. Torn between searching for info on the internet, to not wanting to hear about the bad stuff!!!

Hope everyone elses horses heal well and strong. I am also dreading any in hand walking after box rest - it was bad enough trotting up for the vet yesterday after a week on box rest!!!

angiebaby

Visit site
Fingers crossed for you! Vet rang back and changed his mind, I think he had another horse on his mind! Says I an NOT allowed to ride him, but to turn him out into a small paddock for approx 2 months! Boo. But I was a bit supprised anyway