Swedish team up to Anky Panky.

Pale Rider

Visit site
Found this on FB if anyone is interested.
The email address you will all need to have your voice heard complaints@enquiries.london2012.com

here is a copy of my email (i alaso attatched a photo)

To whom it may concern, I am absolutely disgusted to see horses being tortured in the warm up arena at this is years olympic dressage competition, there is nothing great about this horrific training method and im ashamed to see it allowed to be executed at the Olympics hosted by our great nation, a great nation of animal lovers, a great nation who truly appreciates the majesty and beauty these amazing animals have by their very nature. This is painful. This is unnecessary. This is undignified (for the horse). This IS torture! Patrick Kittel was brought into the public light not that long ago for using this sickening method at Championship level, the pressure on the horses mouth was so intense it cut off the circulation to the horse tongue, the world looked on horrified to see the poor horses tongue flop lifelessly from his mouth, blue! Dressage is not about force and pain, it is about dancing WITH the horse, WITH the wonderful, breath taking grace that they were born with. Rolkur is used when horsemanship and knowledge ends and chauvinism and ignorance begin.

I am appalled that this was allowed to happen. Where were the stewards? Do they not know how cruel this is or were they too cowardly to stand up for the horse? While horses can not speak for them selves i assure you if they could then Patrick's horse would be screaming. Please do not allow Patrick to get away with this, i beg of you. Stand aside from all other nations who have hosted and ignored this barbaric torture. Disqualify him from this years competition for the most important reason, IT IS ANMIAL CRUELTY AND WE DO NOT SUPPORT THIS!

Mearas

Visit site
Sadly, nothing will change until they stop receiving high marks and Olympic medals . Don't have a problem with spectators not being allowed in the warm up arena as long as judges and arena supervisors are doing their jobs and stopping this torture.

Jesstickle

Visit site
Sadly, nothing will change until they stop receiving high marks and Olympic medals . Don't have a problem with spectators not being allowed in the warm up arena as long as judges and arena supervisors are doing their jobs and stopping this torture.

No harm in letting the FEI know how we all feel though eh? ;)

ETS: I just emailed them myself as well asking why stewards didn't step in and the competitor is still allowed to compete.

Mearas

Visit site

charleysummer

Visit site
disgusting, How on earth can this produce a relaxed, free movement with impulsion from the back end? I guess I wouldn't understand, I don't like to force head in to chests...

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I'm just watching it as I had it recorded today - just seen Carl Hester's test - his horse looks relaxed, doesn't have his chin superglued to his chest and just looked fabulous compared to some of the earlier ones I saw.

Burnttoast

Visit site
I don't think the public are allowed in the warm up area. Can anyone confirm this?

http://www.st-georg.de/olympia-2012/detail.php?objectID=13009&class=6#

No, the public are not allowed in the warm-up, AFAIK, but you can get an excellent view of (most of) it from the top of the west stand and if you happen to have a decent lens on your camera you could record pretty much anything you wanted. I took a few (ropey) pics rather like the ones under discussion here when I was there last Monday.

Not surprised to see these pictures, but rather depressed.

Django Pony

Visit site
I've shared this on FB, emailed BBC's Newsbeat and the link given by Palerider!
Shocking!! The stewards MUST step in to stop this vile practice!!

Kokopelli

Visit site
I could be wrong but isn't Rolkur allowed for very short periods of time so therefore these riders although being cruel aren't actually breaking any rules?

Kathyt1

Visit site
This is the FEI's reply on the facebook page that I put up

"The FEI is totally against rollkur. Our stewards are fully aware of this and are monitoring all training. We have spoken to the Swedish National Federation and they have confirmed that, like us, they are absolutely against rollkur."

This reply would suggest that not a second of rollkur would be allowed. Obviously we are all wrong and the pictures are just LDR...

Jesstickle

Visit site
K- sort of

http://www.fei.org/sites/default/fi...GANISERS/Stewards_Manual/Dressage Updated.pdf

You aren't meant to force them into any position so I would say it was in contravention of there own rules. Hand and arm look pretty fixed to me!

Lifted if you cba to read

''It is imperative that stretching should be executed by unforced and non aggressive means. By
‘unforced’ it is meant that the rider is not permitted to use rough, or abrupt aids or apply
constant unyielding pressure on the horse’s mouth through a fixed arm and hand position. It is
the responsibility of the steward to intervene if these requirements are not respected.''

Kokopelli

Visit site
K- sort of

http://www.fei.org/sites/default/fi...GANISERS/Stewards_Manual/Dressage Updated.pdf

You aren't meant to force them into any position so I would say it was in contravention of there own rules. Hand and arm look pretty fixed to me!

Lifted if you cba to read

''It is imperative that stretching should be executed by unforced and non aggressive means. By
‘unforced’ it is meant that the rider is not permitted to use rough, or abrupt aids or apply
constant unyielding pressure on the horse’s mouth through a fixed arm and hand position. It is
the responsibility of the steward to intervene if these requirements are not respected.''

Bit of a grey area isn't it? I think the only way to prove it would be video not just photos to prove they are being forced into an unatural frame.