Talisker RIP

_Acolyte_

Visit site
Following my conversation with my vet tonight following Talisker's operation today, I have just been to the surgery and he has been PTS.

The vet and I agreed that it was the right thing to do - even if the biopsies had come back negative, the likelihood of him making a good recovery from such bad IBS was very slim. I just didnt want him to suffer, he was an elderly dog and I just didnt feel it was fair.

I hope you dont think less of me for this decision, it was one I made for Talisker's sake not for mine, and it was a very very hard decision to make. I loved him so much.

IMG_0150.jpg

showjumpinglover

Visit site
((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
its might be for the best at least he is not in pain.

i hope that you dont feel too bad about making the decision.
hope that you can get over it fairly quickly, just think of all the good times you had with him

mattilda

Visit site
Oh Acolyte how could anyone think less of you for making a selfless decision for your best friend. Am in tears for you and him, I am so sorry you didn't have a happy ending. He is free from any pain and distress now and you gave him every chance. Heartbreaking news am just so sad for you. Love and hugs J xx

Patches

Visit site
I am so sorry to hear the final update on your beloved Talisker.

I can't even begin to imagine how shocked you must feel. I remember you saying in another post that you couldn't belive just how life threatening his problem could become, as time went on.

Poor Talisker, poor you. At least his suffering is over. You did all that you could for and made a brave decision to let him go before he suffered any more.

RIP Talisker and huge hugs to you Acolyte xx

woolly

Visit site
I think and feel nothing but pure admiration for you and really really feel for you. A shiver went down my spine as I read. Nobody could have tried as hard. You are an unselfish fabulous person.
He will be running with Hazzie xxxxxxxxx

k9h

Visit site
(((hugs)))

You only know what is right for your animals.
It is harder to call it a day than to stuggle on with most people doing it for themself rather than the animal.

LynneB

Visit site
I'm very sorry Acolyte, I know you loved him very much. How brave of you to put his needs above your own when it is such a horribly painful thing to have to do x

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Lots of hugs, we lost our old girl in March at 10 years following surgery to remove a cyst on her spleen, I was hoping for a happier outcome for you...nobody could think ill of you for a brave decision.

Here's hoping Tal and Nanci are already palling about up there, snaffling everything in sight!

Keltic

Visit site
Oh im so very sorry, you did everything you possibly could for Talisker who was so lucky to have and be loved so very much by a mummy like you.
Hugs to you .... RIP Talisker

joeanne

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm very sorry Acolyte, I know you loved him very much. How brave of you to put his needs above your own when it is such a horribly painful thing to have to do x

[/ QUOTE ]

Can only echo that.
Sorry for your loss Acolyte.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
My sincere condolences and lots of hugs to you C.

Talisker was very lucky to have a owner like you, that put his best before your own. You made him sound like a wonderful dog to have known.

RIP Talisker, from Sweden.

_Acolyte_

Visit site
Sorry I have been trying to answer this all evening but have not been able to
crazy.gif
Thank you all for your lovely comments, it means such a lot to me at a difficult time
frown.gif

He is already leaving a huge gap, Islay is very quiet tonight and doesnt quite know what to do with herself and I keep looking across at his bed and he isnt there
crazy.gif

I have this pic as the background on my laptop now, I know it is not everyones way but it helps me remember the good times, he looks so real I could reach out and touch him, and remember how his coat felt etc.

P3230002-1.jpg