talk to me about gun dogs (any breed)

Clodagh

Visit site
Where is Chiffy? No one has said flatcoats.

Labradors are colour by numbers dogs, if you can't train one get a goldfish. If you want something more challenging then go for something different. Don't worry, you will soon be so hooked you will have one of everything. :)

I am always astounded by the number of untrained and badly behaved labradors around, it really shouldn't be possible!

Parrotperson

Visit site
Interesting you say that Clodagh

my nephew has 2 labs. They’re lovely dogs but v neurotic! I’d never seen a neurotic lab til then. Did not ask me how. His sister says it’s a v chaotic household. Lots of shouting etc. So that won’t help. ?‍♀️

Clodagh

Visit site
She doesn’t cope with loud noises and shouting (well apart from gun shot, thankfully unphased by that).
She wouldn’t like to live in a house with tension, even hormonal teen tension, she hates anyone to be grumpy.
Sensitive rather than neurotic maybe ?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I found this odd today...

I was downstairs riding my spin bike with music on, very loud. Lab came downstairs (was lounging on the balcony upstairs) into said loud room and went to sleep.

Um...ok. Idk who sleeps to loud 90's rock music. She generally isn't alarmed by noises such as thunder either. Loves the vacuum but that's because I started vacuuming her (again, so much hair!) when she was a pup ?