Tell me about Irish draughts

Regandal

Visit site
Even unregistered ones are awesome. Just said ‘ID cross’ on my boys passport.
53384EED-A187-4417-8FAE-8144416D28E7.jpeg

He was feisty when young, but had chilled nicely by the time I got him.

KautoStar1

Visit site
I've got a pure bred as well. Smartest horse I've ever owned. Kind and unflappable but with a mind of his own and always 10 steps in front of you, thinking for himself. He has done a bit of everything and been very successful in the show ring and at dressage. Loves to jump, but sees galloping as a waste of energy unless hounds are running. Loves food, people, being out and about and never bites or kicks. However, if you are not on his wave length he will take the piss so isn't for the novice rider. I love him dearly and dread the day his time is up.

S16-31-08-075.jpg

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Mine is an ID x TB, she is versatile, moves with lightness, jumps like a stag and is a nice person.

My previous horse was a green book Ish, but he was half Selle Francaise, and although I loved him, he was an ass!

OH's Charlie Horse was an ID X TB (by Grange Bouncer) and he did hunting, eventing to Novice, the lot, including teaching OH to ride and loads of other people too.

Colivet

Visit site
My ID is by Ginger Dick and damsire was Kingsway Diamond. I got him as a 4 yr old and he's 29 this year - clever and kind and turned his hoof to everything in his day with a particular love for Amateur showjumping (ok, maybe that was MY particular love). Put a novice up and he would mind them but he would pull out all the stops for someone more experienced.

Poser small.jpgBoswell.jpgwhen we were both younger slimmer and braver.jpgID champs again - I hate drops.jpg

Attachments

• ID champs again - I hate drops.jpg
    ID champs again - I hate drops.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
I have 2 ID crosses both are kind, trainable and generally nice people. The big lad has spent most of his life hunting but will have a go at turning his hoof to anything. The little (compared to him) mare is a little more highly strung but very clever and tries her heart out for you . Not a nasty bone in either of them. Currently shopping for a full ID to be my next show horse

Lloyd45

Visit site
I have an ISH, he’s amazing, can easily sj 1.20, loves XC to much, will do a nice dressage test, great out hacking will go on his own, lead others, go at the back, so calm, he could’ve been a police horse, low maintenance, lives out all year on fresh air. What is the difference between an ish and ID, my instructor thinks they are very similar in breeding?

Lloyd45

Visit site
Ah ok, no WB in mine, that’s for sure, quite chunky but mixed with something finer. He has a great laid back attitude but with a bit of speed and umph when needed 😊

GTRJazz

Visit site
My RID has a few race horses in his line and clover hill, king of diamonds , Ben purple. ..

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Stunning pictures of fabulous ID's, we are so lucky to have such beautiful horses. i can't agree with the 'thick' and none of mine have been stubborn.

This now late, lad was Embla George out of a Coleman mare, bred by the McMasters of Embla and I bought him at 6 months. Massive horse but light on his feet, he competed to medium and was a successful HW. Pictured here as a 6 year old and not mature. We were taking pointers to the start and then catching the loose ones. It was an interesting day to say the least, the standing martingale got me out of trouble several times.

qqco0h.jpg