Tell me not to!

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Are we allowed to guess the breed? Maybe a nice Standardbred with a noble Roman nose?

I could be so far off, but now I'm sort of entertained by the prospect of guessing a breed just based off of a side head shot ?

GoldenWillow

Visit site
Technically not bought yet, funds are due after he loads at Preston on Sunday after travelling down from Carlisle.

I don't want to jinx it by sharing too much, I haven't even seen him, he may be a complete donkey in the flesh ?!

Ooh he's coming from close to me then, look forward to seeing him.

Sam_J

Visit site
Looking forward to hearing updates after you've collected him!

Can I request that once he's here, you start a separate thread? And @catembi if you're so inclined, it would be lovely to have a separate thread for your new one too so that those of us who are currently horseless and living vicariously can easily keep up with your progress :)

catembi

Visit site
Okay, I will do a separate thread when I have something to say. First lesson today - OMG he is going to be a superstar! Also, feet were done today. The only thing is, threads are boring without photos & o/h has no interest whatsoever. Or even if he can be persuaded - when I was doing jumping clinics with Cody, he would come along, bring his camera, earnestly click away...and the result was lots of still lifes of jumps or sometimes just a tail disappearing out of shot... TY to whoever did the tip on the acyclovir cream for the sarcoid - I have ordered some, and in the meantime we are doing thuja cream.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
A teaser .... I've cropped this off a bigger picture, hence the quality. No, he isn't a mule whatever those ears suggest ?. I've never known a horse with a tiny mouth and big ears have a nasty bone in their body, so fingers crossed I haven't jinxed everything now. He's not special, but there is something about him that really caught my attention. (Don't bother looking, you won't find his advert from this picture, it was taken just for me.)

View attachment 70015
If I can find a photo of my beautiful old boy who I lost a little over a year back from that angle I should post it. There is a very definite similarity, if he’s the horse mine was you’ll be super happy. He was my absolute hero ?
Such a handsome head.
im assuming he’s home ycbm? How is he?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Okay, I will do a separate thread when I have something to say. First lesson today - OMG he is going to be a superstar! Also, feet were done today. The only thing is, threads are boring without photos & o/h has no interest whatsoever. Or even if he can be persuaded - when I was doing jumping clinics with Cody, he would come along, bring his camera, earnestly click away...and the result was lots of still lifes of jumps or sometimes just a tail disappearing out of shot... TY to whoever did the tip on the acyclovir cream for the sarcoid - I have ordered some, and in the meantime we are doing thuja cream.

Great news.

Please be very careful with the thuja, it contains a very corrosive chemical, it's not the gentle homeopathic treatment it's sometimes described as. I would wait and try the acyclovir first.

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
On a totally separate note, and I have no idea if this is true or what! I had a horse with sarcoids and was told not to treat with anything that aids healing. The thought process bring that healing involves cell reproduction and I’m the case of a sarcoid that could be bad cells and so make it larger not smaller. As I say no idea if true but kind of makes sense.

millikins

Visit site
https://scontent.ffab1-2.fna.fbcdn....=e62954bb35400657f4a97e2ea129224a&oe=60A2B060

I can't post pictures but I hope this link works. Daughter and I bought this little sweetie last Sunday, Irish connie, 6 year old mare, about 14.1 hh. Bought unseen by divorced dad for novice 13 year old, they terrified each other.
The timing's awful, I have too many ponies (5 and one's pregnant), daughter's pregnant too but this pony is exactly what we've wanted to fill the gap as the old connie approaches retirement and it was too good a chance to pass by.

FireCracker238

Visit site
https://scontent.ffab1-2.fna.fbcdn....=e62954bb35400657f4a97e2ea129224a&oe=60A2B060

I can't post pictures but I hope this link works. Daughter and I bought this little sweetie last Sunday, Irish connie, 6 year old mare, about 14.1 hh. Bought unseen by divorced dad for novice 13 year old, they terrified each other.
The timing's awful, I have too many ponies (5 and one's pregnant), daughter's pregnant too but this pony is exactly what we've wanted to fill the gap as the old connie approaches retirement and it was too good a chance to pass by.

Link worked for me. She's beautiful and a kind eye to boot ??

ycbm

Visit site
OK we are on our way at 10.30 so this is all the information I have about him, and I bought unseen on this basis.

This was his stunningly informative advert. From those origins, having a passport really is a selling point ?

Screenshot_20210417-191952_Chrome.jpg

The price caught my eye, and it's a sum I can afford to lose. I also figured he would be half standardbred, which Ludo is, which was a big plus.

So I asked for pictures and got these two. Mother is a driving cob and I think they might have been trying to get a faster stepping-cob but ended up breeding a middleweight small hunter ?

20210416_142301.jpg20210416_142330.jpg

I've been assured no vices, lumps or sarcoids, and now you know exactly as much as I do about him.

Yes I know I'm crazy but I'm wired like it ?. I'll let you know later if I think I've struck lucky or wasted a heap of dosh!

ycbm

Visit site

She's a little beauty, well done!

Clodagh

Visit site
OK we are on our way at 10.30 so this is all the information I have about him, and I bought unseen on this basis.

This was his stunningly informative advert. From those origins, having a passport really is a selling point ?

View attachment 70067

The price caught my eye, and it's a sum I can afford to lose. I also figured he would be half standardbred, which Ludo is, which was a big plus.

So I asked for pictures and got these two. Mother is a driving cob and I think they might have been trying to get a faster stepping-cob but ended up breeding a middleweight small hunter ?

View attachment 70068View attachment 70069

I've been assured no vices, lumps or sarcoids, and now you know exactly as much as I do about him.

Yes I know I'm crazy but I'm wired like it ?. I'll let you know later if I think I've struck lucky or wasted a heap of dosh!
He should have a lovely temperament, which is worth a lot. I like him. Don’t be offended but I like a slightly common head, makes them look honest.

ycbm

Visit site
Don't worry about offending me folks, I know he's nothing special but I need a third and in this crazy market he's worth a risk at that price.