Text messages!

oldie48

Visit site
Stood on the platform this evening to get train home from a lovely day out with my daughter and texted OH to check all was OK as he'd had to get the naughty ponies in. Got a text back that said "Horses in, dog missing" I almost had a heart attack and quickly replied "since when?" Immediately got a message back back "you!" Further panic attack, had I left a door or gate open, why hadn't he let me know before now? Then the penny dropped, message was " horses in, dog is missing you!" I could have cried with relief. Anyone else had a panic attack today?

Baywonder

Visit site
I know it wasn't funny at the time - but at least it all turned out well for you!

When I was little, I was on holiday with my parents, and my dad was taken ill with breathing difficulties. Being on a remote island, mum and dad went to see the island GP straight away. The GP, a tall Scot, put his arm around my mum's shoulder and said "Your husband is going to die" In the next few seconds whilst the doc paused for breath, my poor mum was about to collapse with shock - until he added "of old age".

To say we were all relieved is an understatement!

BOWS28

Visit site
I got a phone call yesterday morning from one of the girls up at the yard to ask it my old girl had moved stables... She wasnt in her stable but her door chain was still up and she was no where to be seen. They couldn't find her anywhere so the panic really started to set in as i had left her in at 5:30am. Turns out she had shimmeyed under her bar and turned herself out in the back field so no one could see her :rolleyes: I can laugh now but when at work over an hour away from the yard, the panic was real...

little_critter

Visit site
My OH often cycles to work and is supposed to text me to let me know he's got there safe.
He often forgets and I send him a text saying "are you dead?"
I just have visions of a policeman pulling him out of a ditch, checking his phone and finding the last text message received is a suspicious "are you dead?" from his OH

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
My OH often cycles to work and is supposed to text me to let me know he's got there safe.
He often forgets and I send him a text saying "are you dead?"
I just have visions of a policeman pulling him out of a ditch, checking his phone and finding the last text message received is a suspicious "are you dead?" from his OH

I know people who ensure they have shared access to strava so they can tell they aren't in a ditch not moving ;)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
My parents went on holiday to france as usual one Christmas, it was the last year that we had awful snowy weather and northern france was badly affected too.
I sent them a text to ask if they'd arrived safely. No reply.
Mum usually calls me on xmas day for a quick chat. That didnt come either. I gradually got more panicked thinking they'd be dead in the car upside down , dead in a french ditch. Until finally mum called when they were back in Dover. Gah. I needed some kind of movement tracker that year, I was convinced I'd been orphaned.