That vile Brazilian Dressage Olympian has finally been banned..

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site

[142807]

Visit site

9tails

Visit site
A three year suspension will most definitely ruin his career, and rightly so. I did enjoy the fact that Da Silva declined the initial offer from FEI of 18 month suspension and 2500 swiss francs, preferring to go to tribunal. Where the suspension was effectively doubled and the fine was tripled. HA!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Im shocked a guy can do this and still only get a 3 year ban. Surely ban him for life. Someone that does something like this shouldnt be anywhere near horses.

This. Who cares if it ruins his career, ultimately it doesnt stop him owning/riding/beating horses. Why is he not being done for animal cruelty?

MummyEms

Visit site
This. Who cares if it ruins his career, ultimately it doesnt stop him owning/riding/beating horses. Why is he not being done for animal cruelty?
I worry now for the horses and ponies close to him as he'll likely be angry and feel he has nothing to lose. If he can treat them that way when he's doing well. Makes me so angry and sad.

FFAQ

Visit site
It did say in the article that there's a separate law suit also going on, so maybe that would be to prevent him owning horses?