The 2014 Arcequine Thread

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
It is not just horses and humans. Here is Smartie using it to help with healing a major wound that required surgery.

1506885_10152420990727320_852275742693423602_n_zps636635e5.jpg

TPO

Visit site
I bought Lolo's and have sold it on.

I bought and sold at £300, don't know how that compares to the one on BD. Lolo's had old and new style leg pads, back pad and extra gel they'd bought to use with it along with original leg and back gel in the kit. I never used it so it was sold on in same condition if that gives you a guide.

Clarew22

Visit site
Just wondering does everyone secure their units using a stable bandage or has anyone come up with a another way such as a leg wrap or something? My boy gets itchy legs with bandages so does tend to trash them I thought he may be better with a type of leg wrap but not sure I could secure the unit that way, don't really want to buy them to find they don't work!

Dottie

Visit site
I leave mine on overnight. He has a piece of Gamgee around his leg which the ARC sits on top of, then a square of Gamgee over the ARC to protect it then I put a stable wrap over the top. I have to tape the straps on as he try's to pull them off!

I found fibregee too thick so used Eskadron wraps for a while which where perfect but my horse kept pulling the wraps out!

HeresHoping

Visit site
Hello.

So. Larry (crushed lumbosacral joint and torn left hind suspensory - has been on field rest for 6 months, having injured himself at the beginning of November last year) and I are both on day 3 of the Arc. So far, nothing untowards with Larry. I have composed a lengthy email to Ian to ascertain the programmes, but am feeling a bit guilty about asking having turned down his previous offer to assist (nothing untowards; I just wasn't sure what was going on between AHT and my insurance, and felt I couldn't guarantee that I'd be able to cover another hospital stay). So in the meantime I have started him on 1++ 2++ as per the manual, with the intention of continuing for a couple of weeks.

Given that I have blooming awful lower back pain due, the osteopath thinks, largely to compression in my spine and too long sitting at a desk on the wrong-sized chair, I thought I'd have a go with it, too.

Tell me, please, those of you who have used it on yourselves, did you feel dreadful for a couple of days? I keep getting vertigo (or at least a sensation of leaving my brain behind when I turn my head on occasion) and I don't know if it's that or something more sinister. Am off to the GP first thing on Monday, but wondered if it was coincidence. I tend to feel like that before coming down with something (I'm told that might be a dodgy thyroid and coming up to 'that' time of life) but I've just read somewhere that 'flu-like symptoms are a side-effect of microcurrent technology.

cundlegreen

Visit site
Hello.

So. Larry (crushed lumbosacral joint and torn left hind suspensory - has been on field rest for 6 months, having injured himself at the beginning of November last year) and I are both on day 3 of the Arc. So far, nothing untowards with Larry. I have composed a lengthy email to Ian to ascertain the programmes, but am feeling a bit guilty about asking having turned down his previous offer to assist (nothing untowards; I just wasn't sure what was going on between AHT and my insurance, and felt I couldn't guarantee that I'd be able to cover another hospital stay). So in the meantime I have started him on 1++ 2++ as per the manual, with the intention of continuing for a couple of weeks.

Given that I have blooming awful lower back pain due, the osteopath thinks, largely to compression in my spine and too long sitting at a desk on the wrong-sized chair, I thought I'd have a go with it, too.

Tell me, please, those of you who have used it on yourselves, did you feel dreadful for a couple of days? I keep getting vertigo (or at least a sensation of leaving my brain behind when I turn my head on occasion) and I don't know if it's that or something more sinister. Am off to the GP first thing on Monday, but wondered if it was coincidence. I tend to feel like that before coming down with something (I'm told that might be a dodgy thyroid and coming up to 'that' time of life) but I've just read somewhere that 'flu-like symptoms are a side-effect of microcurrent technology.
I've used it several times on myself, but not for anything major, pain wise. I've never had any symptoms such as you describe. To be quite honest it doesn't feel as if its doing anything, but it has relieved knee pain and muscle spasm in a couple of days. I've never needed to use it longer than that. Maybe your blood pressure is a bit low??

Auslander

Visit site
I use mine on myself (for leaking disc related lower back pain, inflamed achilles tendon and generally stiffness. It starts to annoy me after about 3 hours - feels like its fizzing/buzzing, and my skin gets a bit red. I've never felt ill whilst/after using it, and the irritation is worth it for the pain relief!

fairyclare

Visit site
Cheeky asking post....

Would any fellow Arc Equine users happen to have a delivery unit I could borrow/buy/loan for a few weeks?

I am injured and using my own Arc on me, my horse has started displaying to odd behaviour and at the moment everything is pointing to it being a sleep issue, I want to try and help her with the Arc but we can't both wear it at the same time.

i would be grateful if anyone could help.... Please. I have chocolate M&M's and popcorn.