The 2019 Badminton XC Thread

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I am surprised more horses haven't been too onward bound at the bank to brush and come a cropper. Most seem to be able to work out what to do.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I am surprised more horses haven't been too onward bound at the bank to brush and come a cropper. Most seem to be able to work out what to do.
I think the brush on the top of the second bit might have helped? though some have jumped right over the top of it, i guess it makes it firstly more visible as taller, and secondly quite forgiving of iffy jumps.

milliepops

Visit site
View attachment 32156

Just another point to add to the Ellie convo...

yeah that's where I was going with the "numpty questions"
You do need someone that knows what they are looking at to ask them. Otherwise they might talk over vital moments. i remember a few years back there was someone clearly not really aware of what they were watching at one of these big events and they kept crashing over the top of the pro commentator.

DiNozzo

Visit site
She's much better with just Ros where she can be the commentator rather than the misplaced idiots guider.

Ros is perfectly capable of explaining to Joe Bloggs. Its just that we just don't need her and Ian Stark in the same box.

Her or Ian, plus a pro, is what they need.

milliepops

Visit site
shame for sam there in the hollow. It's a clever fence because it's not physically punishing if they make a mistake but SOOO fiddly to get back for a second go.

milliepops

Visit site
Generally (and fingers crossed, touching wood!), the course seems to be much kinder on the horses? Or at least less horse fallers?
agreed, we haven't seen it on tv but the only really upright nasty that I spotted on course that could have tipped some up later on the course was at fence 3, on the humpy bumpy ground at the top of the hill but they're on fresh legs so easier to deal with.

Mule

Visit site
I also noticed the man fall over the horse didn't even blink mine would have teleported

Also not overly enjoying Ellie's commentary, hope they get Piggy on I enjoyed her interview

So many bonnets nowadays I personally dont like the look of them if you look at eventing in the early nineties not a single one why?
They're fashionable now.

milliepops

Visit site
I think Louise is having an easier ride on this grey than her other big horses that she's had round Badminton in previous years.

So far, anyway! o_O

Reactions: TPO