The agility thread

Clodagh

Visit site
The trouble is she isn't banned by the KC, and whereas clubs can choose to ban someone without KC being involved it is opening themselves up to a lot of aggro.
Yes I meant the KC. But hey they made a fortune over the years out of her and are no doubt continuing to do so.
Are people still friendly to her? Mind you the man Red came from is still welcomed everywhere.

sarah.oxford

Visit site
I bailed from kelluki yesterday because the timings meant I was looking at 11 hours at the show which is too much for me.
I am looking forward to the multi day shows where I can get stuck in and hopefully camping will be relatively dry. After all this rain, surely a dry summer is on the cards???
I also noticed who was back competing yesterday. She has thicker skin than I do.
I have been struggling since Arthur was reported for the bite that absolutely did not happen. I have done a few shows but it doesn't feel the same anymore. I hope the outdoor season will bring about a change.

Spotherisk

Visit site
I think it was six hours between runs actually. So left home at 5.30am, ran at 9.30am Code Brown = elimination. Next two runs were back to back and in adjoining rings - dog was very switched off and bored until the lead came off, when he turned into a raving loony!

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
I have been at a little non KC show today, 4 runs with one dog and two with the old girl and home by 3.45. Jesse, my old one was clear in jumping and steeplechase in Level 0 (anysize) at small height and was 5th in the jumping. The other had 3 iffy runs and finished with a cracking clear in the steeplechase. Didn't wait for results as I was knackered. Last one of the winter season sadly.

Spotherisk

Visit site
Just received running order for Easter show I have entered, 6 rings and I am first class in 2 rings, then nothing till 7th class ! 🙄
Just received running order for Easter show I have entered, 6 rings and I am first class in 2 rings, then nothing till 7th class !

Yesterday I was second class, then nineth and twelfth… dog didn’t get out bed until 9.55am this morning!

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Some significant changes to agility prestige events/qualifiers have been announced: link to KC publication

Everything seems to be going to win-on rather than points accumulators, which I'm happy with as chasing qualifiers round the country was a ridiculous premise if you're not a professional.

Spotherisk

Visit site
Kernow (which is at the Royal Cornwall showground, near Wadebridge), is still running this weekend. They had a ground inspection this morning, and there are various rules re camping - which thankfully I’m not doing - in the hope of preserving the ground and minimising towing out!

First class for me on Good Friday - alarm being set for 5.45am which these days with no horses, work only a couple of miles away and a lazy lurcher seems exceptionally early…

I am expecting us to do very badly - first time outdoors since September I think. Going to be zoomy.

Training tonight at club, and our second training session with Barrie James on Monday… busy!

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
Zazu finished his agility course last Monday, he is doing really well at running mini courses with just jumps, tunnels, a frame and dog walk. Starting to work out the weaves now and took a different tactic to the seesaw which worked, will hopefully keep going to the next class which is not a course just weekly classes

Spotherisk

Visit site
Didn’t go to Kernow - all three days ran but the weather was iffy and Rew would not have enjoyed it at all. It was all hands on deck to move rings to fresh ground, I think they moved four of the five this morning! Kudos to all those who went and helped out!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Didn’t go to Kernow - all three days ran but the weather was iffy and Rew would not have enjoyed it at all. It was all hands on deck to move rings to fresh ground, I think they moved four of the five this morning! Kudos to all those who went and helped out!
I saw the updated on Kernow, looked grim . Venue at Bolesworth was fab , cars and caravans on hard standing , roads to rings and the rings were the horse show rings so sand surface .

Spotherisk

Visit site
Small dog’s first champ cancelled due to ground conditions. 🙁

When large dog gets a thing, she really gets a thing - no faffing with two sets of 6 weaves, straight on to 12 and working some hard entries too. Contacts next. Send me strength. 😬

Nice to have a quick learner who retains knowledge though!

sarah.oxford

Visit site
We don't have any shows this week or next, but we have a training session tomorrow and another next week.
These are extra on top of our usual Tuesday lessons.
We did all 4 days at A4A Easter, which was the wettest camping experience of my life.
I also had the opportunity to do 2 runs in hail storms on the Friday.
Was very proud that Arthur remained totally focused on his agility despite several bitches in season competing at the show.
We had a win and 4 x 2nd places, and also a 3rd in the pairs qualifier, out of 44.
I did quite a lot of nfc training runs, and sorted out his naughty startline and dogwalk.
By the last day he was fantastic. Clearly he needs 15 runs before he is at his best. The boy is much fitter than me.
Such a shame Wye Valley was cancelled. Surely this rain will stop soon.....