The agility thread

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
I think mine would be borderline for their XS height so I may not benefit from that, and the other bits definitely outweigh it anyway. Certainly I wouldn't be able to compete the large dog, who at present is free at KC to tug her way into the ring, have the ball shoved in the back of my vest and then be caught with it and have her lead clipped on before we leave the ring. This is preferable to all concerned than her leaving at speed and trying to find it in a bucket surrounded by a dozen staring collies. 😵

Well done on your league win MM!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I think mine would be borderline for their XS height so I may not benefit from that, and the other bits definitely outweigh it anyway. Certainly I wouldn't be able to compete the large dog, who at present is free at KC to tug her way into the ring, have the ball shoved in the back of my vest and then be caught with it and have her lead clipped on before we leave the ring. This is preferable to all concerned than her leaving at speed and trying to find it in a bucket surrounded by a dozen staring collies. 😵

Well done on your league win MM!

LOL at the thought of your girl surrounded by collies.

Did he win it - I saw he had done well on points but hadn't checked everyone else ! Chuffed to bits :)

Last edited:

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
OMG what a long day today, I was knackered after Crufts yesterday. However, we had a G3 agility win as got the only clear 🏆🎊...we still have our issues on the contact equipment but was so happy. Five and a half hours later we had our second run and she didn't want to know so we missed our last run and home in time for second half of the rugby. Am well chuffed. Tomorrow we sleep 😴

Clodagh

Visit site
We have got two more beginner sessions left, need more work on the weaves and zazu is nervy on the seesaw but sure he will get there slowly
He’s come on really fast though. I can’t see us achieving weaves or seesaw in a few sessions! More going the right way between some wings, over under or through the pole. 😄

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
If he's nervy do go back a step or two - it's the hardest thing to get back if they spook themselves on it. Mine's 15 months and still on end criteria on flat planks, I'll consider adding a couple of inches of travel over the next few weeks. Got time to think about it now I'm not having a breakdown over weaves. 😳
We have done, it’s the movement he doesn’t like so taking it slow 😆

BallyRoanBaubles

Visit site
He’s come on really fast though. I can’t see us achieving weaves or seesaw in a few sessions! More going the right way between some wings, over under or through the pole. 😄
He really loves it too, we did ‘mess about’ with some equipment before the classes so he’d already done an a frame jumps tunnels and the hoop thing 🤣

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Youngster Daz was good at training tonight. It gives me a real buzz. I can't wait to start contact equipment and weaves although I know it will be a while yet. I have done some plank work on the ground at home.

Pebs was up and down. She just switches off so easily and the more I try to pretend to her all is jolly and no pressure the worse we get. However we did manage some of that ketschner stuff or ketchup as I prefer to call it 😂

Spotherisk

Visit site
Training tonight was jumps and tunnels, again v interesting as a new trainer again. She was convinced I needed to be in a particular position and I could not make it work, Rew was confused and getting a bit worried, so i did a cross when he was in a tunnel and then a blind cross back to the original side once he’d taken the jump and was driving on. Worked for us, and got rid of that situation when you’re about to fall over the dog as your lines and weirdly crossing!

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Club show today - picked up small dog's trophy and rosette for winning this season's senior league, then proceeded to win sod all in the day's actual competition. 😂

Large dog went NFC to get some queueing experience and absolutely smashed it, she does not find the show environment easy but managed to keep a lid on it despite everything going on. Two lovely jumping runs and back to the car without incident.

I see a certain person was back running champ today.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Club show today - picked up small dog's trophy and rosette for winning this season's senior league, then proceeded to win sod all in the day's actual competition. 😂

Large dog went NFC to get some queueing experience and absolutely smashed it, she does not find the show environment easy but managed to keep a lid on it despite everything going on. Two lovely jumping runs and back to the car without incident.

I see a certain person was back running champ today.

You and me both eh 😝 ! So thrilled for you that your girl’s debut went so well .

Spotherisk

Visit site
Our club show is tomorrow, I am on gate opening /shutting duty 6.30 - 8.30am… I’ll be setting my alarm for 5am, both me and the lurcher will be unhappy about this - he doesn’t normally get up before 9am.

I’m in the last two classes too, so I’m involved in breaking down the day as we don’t have our own equipment and it will all have to be loaded back onto trailers.

In other news I’ve booked to camp at the May SWAT Show, Fiat Doblo van with some kind of mattress in it, tent attachment on the back, and a cool box full of snacks to keep me going three days - must be slightly mad.