The agility thread

sarah.oxford

Visit site
Arthur (G3) had a great couple of days at Agility Vision, with 5 clear rounds over 2 days.
We had 2 Agility wins, meaning I have a Grade 4 dog now.
The absolute highlight was winning the combined 3-5 Agility by 7 seconds.
I am super proud of him. We had so many positive comments from judges and fellow competitors, it's been the best couple of days.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Arthur (G3) had a great couple of days at Agility Vision, with 5 clear rounds over 2 days.
We had 2 Agility wins, meaning I have a Grade 4 dog now.
The absolute highlight was winning the combined 3-5 Agility by 7 seconds.
I am super proud of him. We had so many positive comments from judges and fellow competitors, it's been the best couple of days.
Brilliant, well done. I'm getting quite jealous of you all winning up, then remind myself that we have more chance of doing it if we actually go to KC shows :p

Spotherisk

Visit site
The back of my knee went pop last wednesday and us still a bit tender - Iโ€™m not running on it, just kind of shufflingโ€ฆ tonightโ€™s training was brilliant, he really steadied up, got his left and rights, wrapped and went aroundโ€ฆ and forgot heโ€™d ever seen a tunnel in his life!

Blackdown show on Sunday, our first outdoor of the season. I will try not to blow my knee.

blackcob

๐Ÿ––
Visit site
Large dog doing fabulously at new (additional) venue, she's not being put away between exercises and can 'queue' and watch without boiling over. Poles staying up as long as I pull my finger out and handle properly. Lots of skills boxes ticked last couple of weeks, just seesaw and 10cm of jump height left to work. If we carry on like this I might bring her out at the end of the season on a quiet Vision weekday. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ We'll see.

Small dog's calendar now full, all camping shows booked, three shots at champ this year. RIP my Plaza account balance.

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Wow @blackcob I am so impressed. I strive to get to that level. We have show Saturday so must try to be chilled again. She was fab in training last night. Youngster coming along nicely she was great too. Still special ๐Ÿ™„ but can't wait to run her. Will do jumping end of June as first class. May even risk DINAS in Aug as local. Bring it on! ๐Ÿพ

Last edited:

sarah.oxford

Visit site
We are entered in A4A doh days out on Saturday, and P3 on Sunday.
Whether I will make it to the Sunday event remains to be seen as Arthur is in limbo and I am exhausted.
Where is everyone else going this week?

ihatework

Visit site
Horses taking priority for me over next few weeks.
Am entered for an A4A Bath direction end of June

blackcob

๐Ÿ––
Visit site
I chose Worcester over High Peak, I think small one has been requested for a pairs qualifier, always good for a laugh.

Sheโ€™s beautiful and athletic though.

She is very nice to look at as she goes sailing past your head. ๐Ÿ˜ Despite my early horror at the insane growth rate she finished by far the smallest and most athletic in build from that litter.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I chose Worcester over High Peak, I think small one has been requested for a pairs qualifier, always good for a laugh.

She is very nice to look at as she goes sailing past your head. ๐Ÿ˜ Despite my early horror at the insane growth rate she finished by far the smallest and most athletic in build from that litter.

Thatโ€™s a shame , for me High Peak is a lot nearer . Hopefully weโ€™ll catch up soon . My only other planned kc currently is Oswestry, got a few A4A , better for Mr Stumpy legs ๐Ÿ˜

sarah.oxford

Visit site
I went to A4A DASH this morning. We had a lovely run in the Novice Agility, right till the end when I was unable to get in position for sending round the back, mainly due to the large clumps of wet grass cuttings stuck to my trainers, forming thick grass boots ๐Ÿ™ˆ
I made the decision not to stay, as I wasn't able to do him justice. Others were coping better.
Beautiful venue though.
Now watching Badminton TV.

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Just back from a hot one ๐Ÿฅต was so pleased with Pebs ๐Ÿฅฐ clear jumping for an unplaced 2nd. Won the combined agility but had 2 time penalties ๐Ÿ˜ฑ but was so pleased with her dogwalk which we have been struggling with. Next agility she was a bit tired and also pinged the see saw which she never does. Home in decent time too.

Jenko109

Visit site
Dogs day out for us today.

We did have two small reactivity episodes but both were as a result of other dogs kicking off at her first. She just isnt past the point of being drawn into an argument just yet ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Steeplechase 1. A pole down and a refusal. This was her first class and she just wasnt quite focused.

Agility. Slow but clear round. I stopped her and nannied her over the seesaw as she pinged it on the last show and same with the weaves, slowed her up first to be sure she got her entry. Just within the course time and a 3rd place.

Steeplechase 2. The only clear round so got a 1st here.

Not many had entered though, so sounds better than it is ๐Ÿ˜…

sarah.oxford

Visit site
A more productive day for us at P3 Agility.
Beautiful flat rings with short grass and a lovely atmosphere.
Ran both g3-5 classes and made the most of being in limbo to G4, testing out things I wouldn't usually be brave enough to do.
5f for a pole down in jumping, with a 2 jump lead out to a blind cross, and amazing discrimination skills in agility, but I put him back on the dw for not waiting for me to release him so eliminated, but really happy with Arthur and feel like he's more than ready for G4.

Spotherisk

Visit site
My positives from yesterday- theee amazing startline waits, letting me get to exactly where I wanted with no breaks! This time last year I was holding his collar and running at the same time. Our dw and seesaw contacts were great - A frame was not (very pingy dog) weaves were rubbish. He surprised me with some lovely line taking, and then some rubbish ones - we are inconsistant, which means Iโ€™m never sure whatโ€™s going to happen - I know my trainers would all have shouted RUN! at me!

Did I say it was hot?! I have bought a cool reflective coat now too.
IMG_0695.jpeg

blackcob

๐Ÿ––
Visit site
Fab run in small KC stakes today - he felt great, pulled out lots of skills, and speedy despite the heat - placed to 10th, finished 11th. ๐Ÿ™ƒ Nearly up there with the big boys though. Our favourite person took the win, unfortunately.

Also a double clear in pairs with his poodle pal, again just out of the places (all heights combined).

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Well done, clever lad. Good although frustrating day at High Peak today, 2 lovely clear runs in jumping to finish with 2 x 2nd places. Eliminated in first agility by doing a bizarre wrong jump, the right one was straight in front of him, but got all his contacts. Then 2nd agility class missed the a frame contact but cracking run apart from that ๐Ÿ™„