the best bridle?

Rachntabby

Term Time: Manchester Holiday: Stoke-on-Trent
Visit site
for me to get tabs?
ideally i want it for shows the yard is now going to have
and dont mind how much it costs as its my xmas prezzie really
grin.gif

i want one for a bit of everything so jumping dressage and showing so can u all help me decide
thankies xx

Jiggy

Visit site
I Love our sabre bridles for the ponies,great quality,strong,durable and look good too...what more could you want in a bridle....
smile.gif

CBAnglo

Visit site
I have just bought one of the Jeffries IR bridles and they are really nice - I really like the curved headpiece and bought it for my sensitive anglo for that reason.

Otherwise I really like Kieffer bridles and Albions are nice as well.

hellybelly6

Visit site
I love my Jeffries IR bridle. I got it for my birthday 6 months ago and it still looks brand new. I love the curved headpiece for my horse's comfort and the buckles on both sides.

I love it!!

I also like Dever bridles, british leather and british made, good quality and good fit.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Morris and Nolan comfort bridle
grin.gif
Had their stuff for a couple of years: despite daughter's neglectful ways her bridle is still supple and looks good, so I'm hoping my comfort bridle will last forever with my good care
wink.gif
. Mine has the funny buckles that are slightly raised, makes for a neat finish m'thinks.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I also love the IR bridle although mine is from Stroud Saddlery, not Jeffries (same bridle though). Really nice and soft and a good shape round the ears. I have also just bought a lovely bridle from Sabre (see NL for a gushing post about their fab customer service
tongue.gif
)

Have fun choosing - I love new tack!

Abbeygale

Visit site
I have had my stubben bridle for donkeys years - and it still looks lovely - despite my sister's best attempts to ruin it!

I have also had a kieffer bridle for about 3 years now - and I really love it - lovely leather and always looks very smart.

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
D'yon do stunning bridles - and the customer service is fabby

Pink Equine - plain or coloured pading with swaroski crystal browband good quality itallian leather had mine since day dot and its as good as new

D&T - new lemico bidles

for traditionalists i like kiefer and stubben bridles
smile.gif
X

collina

Visit site
IF you want a really good bridle that will not stretch and will last try the Passier, they are fantastic and they come with a padded headpiece and reins..... I got mine from a company called Freedomdressage. My friend aslo got one from them and she ordered the wrong size but they exchanged it with no problems.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Morris and Nolan comfort bridle
grin.gif
Had their stuff for a couple of years: despite daughter's neglectful ways her bridle is still supple and looks good, so I'm hoping my comfort bridle will last forever with my good care
wink.gif
. Mine has the funny buckles that are slightly raised, makes for a neat finish m'thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am joining you in the looking - bridle does not fit new neddy
blush.gif

Hollycat

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
IF you want a really good bridle that will not stretch and will last try the Passier, they are fantastic and they come with a padded headpiece and reins..... I got mine from a company called Freedomdressage. My friend aslo got one from them and she ordered the wrong size but they exchanged it with no problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a bridle conioussur (bah can't spell but you know what I mean). I second the Passier. They have a nice range and the bridle is very nice indeed. I also have the Albion KB which is possibly slightly better leather - but only marginally and the Passier beats it hands down on price and fit. The Albion headpiece comes very low down the head making the browband fit low. The Passier headpiece fits better. Both nosebands adjust on both sidces of the head. However, if you have a very chunky horse, the Albion does a chunky noseband which is better than the Passier for chunky heads. For an elegant horse the Passier and the Albion have nice elegent nosebands. Both have nice bling browbands. Last thing - Passier reins are quite short so if you like long reins go for the Albion. I also got both my Passiers from Freedom Dressage and they are very nice and helpful.