The City of Horses

Baywonder

Visit site
I only caught the first 5 minutes - the rest I have recorded to watch later. It did look really interesting though.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Anyone know where it’d be possible to watch online?

Should be on iPlayer I'd think.

Yes I was expecting to be sad/angry (probably because of what we see round here with the trotting ones), but apart from some rather young and wonky looking ponies they did seem to be well cared for and there was a strong bond between horses and humans.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i watched it expecting to be horrified and was pleasantly surprised, all the horses looked well and the people seemed to care about them. i thought the dun was really nice and the pony who the older man was driving who had his JR with him was lovely as well

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I thought it was quite good all the horses looked well looked after and were flying along, I really liked the buckskin cob his 4 legs were almost identical in colouring.

gryff

Visit site
Is it the Swansea lot that sometimes drown? I remember reading something about cobs needing regular rescues along the coast.

Haha...no. The housing estate involved is at the top of a very big hill. You're thinking about the ponies that are kept on the estuary, I think, that are semi feral. It has always been interesting to drive home from work through these communities and see the horses grazing on the verges, school playing fields, etc. They always look in great condition and very well loved.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Haha...no. The housing estate involved is at the top of a very big hill. You're thinking about the ponies that are kept on the estuary, I think, that are semi feral. It has always been interesting to drive home from work through these communities and see the horses grazing on the verges, school playing fields, etc. They always look in great condition and very well loved.

Could you be thinking of Appleby Fair and the practice of washing the horses in the river, there have been a few drown over the years.

No, as Gryff says above, it’s the ones that are kept on the estuary.