The dog ate my dinner.

ILikeThemHairy

Visit site
I realise this probably isn't relevant to anyone else but I just made some lovely and naughty dinner - 2 fried eggs on toast with baked beans - went for a wee and came back to some beans and the dog licking up the rest of the runny egg yolk on the carpet.

So now I am hungry, grumpy, and wondering how long is necessary to be annoyed with said dog. I locked her in the kitchen for 45 minutes but now feel guilty and have let her in. Yes I am a soft touch.

Oh and to add insult to injury, its not even my dog.

gunnergundog

Visit site
Put it down to experience! :D The dog obviously enjoyed the dinner you had lined up for yourself; hope you enjoy whatever you had lined up for her.....Chicken wings? Pal? Kibble? :D

juliette

Visit site
If it's any consolation we have had far far worse.... lamb chops off the grill pan was a good one!

My dogs BOTH adore eggs, so the mutt probably couldn't help itself!

And if you managed a 45 minute "shut out" i think you were very strong willed! I normally manage about 2! The dog will have forgotten all about it by now and just be enjoying the full tummy sensation! Hope the beans don't have too dramatic an effect!

Archina

Visit site
Haha! This has happened to me so many times I cant even count! :D

Our great dane has stolen joints of meat from the soup pot, whole sunday roasts off the counter top, there one second and gone the next. :mad:

Once, she went for the roast chicken and we caught her in the act, said chicken landed on the floor while dog scampered off. Luckily I had just washed the floors so decided to wash the chicken off and serve anyhow! :D lol

Renvers

Visit site
yep, been there my friend :p mine seems to grow a foot taller to reach food placed at the back of the kitchen counter. When it comes to food nothing is out of reach

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Sister used to have a brown labrador who could reach the dresser, she stole butter and eggs on a regular basis :D She also had a good line in raiding the fruit bowl :) Mum and Dad had a labrador that went one better, the fridge had a pull down handle and the dog could open the fridge, and did :eek: They also once left the tea table set and went to meet friends off a bus, gone about ten minutes, the dog met them at the door with the tea pot in his mouth :D

quirky

Visit site
I had soup on the hob this week. Came back to find it flicked all over the splash back and the dog licking her chops.
Thankfully, there was still enough for the kid's tea :eek::eek:

ZondaR

Visit site
When I was a child we had a dog who loved tea. If you put your cup on the ground or on the coffee table he would sneek up and drink it. My siblings and I thought it was hillarious when my parents had friends over.

I was at a friends for casual dinner once. We had steak. Their dog grabbed the steak off my friend's plate (not the owner, one of the guests). Friend got the steak back from the dog and ate it!! Host was mortified and wanted to throw it out and cook another but friend wouldn't hear of it. Plenty of wine had been consumed at that stage so we all fell about laughing.

111ex111

Visit site
Once my choc lab jumped up at the cooker to drink the chip oil and while he was at it managed to turn the gas on and almost blow up the whole house -.- let's just say he wasnt the most popular for the next few days!

Shantara

Visit site
Hehe, that's one good thing about Annie! She's only once stolen food :p
Broccoli from the little stool/table thing! She did right in front of the entire family too!! Haha

Dubsie

Visit site
So lucky, our ancient collie (recue) clearly had a hard life, you can put a plate of your own food anywhere in reach and he will never ever touch it. If you put his bowl down with food or even with yummy just cooked sausage or bacon in it down and he will not touch it, he may dribble but he will wait and wait and wait and even if you forget you didn't say 'go on then' he won't touch it till you say, even if it's hours later.

Trinity Fox

Visit site
I am afraid that is a dog thing, my Italian greyhound is a little thief, and most of my parents dogs apart from one love a thieve.

I was once in a pretty rocky relationship, he made me dinner I had just rescued a chinese crested which he hated, he was cooking served up dinner, I caught the dog eating dinner, it was lamb chop and potatoes and veg, I thought the dog had ate some of the veg so fluffed it up and served it, this resulted in boyfriend screaming where is the other chop, oops
He then chucked the dinner across the room and said dog with no shame just went straight over and started eating, he said dog had no shame, well do dogs in that situation.
Safe to say we are not together, dogs love stealing human food, sighthounds especially seem to love it, that is life with dogs.

Adopter

Visit site
Hope you found something else to eat, we get so used to our animals in our lives we forget they sometimes do not behave as we expect!! Did laugh at your post,.

I forgot last Christmas that the dog was new to us, had lived in rescue kennels for 12 months, so as visitors expected put out food on table ...............
turned round - half a chocolate log missing .............. looked again whole block of cheese gone .......... at that point all food moved and serious training started with dog around food.

The dog showed no ill effects for all that chocolate and cheese! The visitors declined any food then offered - not sure they will be invited again if they don't understand animals.

Trinity Fox

Visit site
Some dogs just love stealing human food, my Italian greyhound has an obsession, if it is not dog food it is fair game she uses a range of methods and is very adapt.
She even uses the other dogs we know well the thicker ones to achieve her goal,we call her the evil mini mastermind.

Tnavas

Visit site
Naughty dog!

Once my neighbours 5yr old daughter brought me a lovely roast chicken diinner as a treat. She left my house and I was just about to start eating when I heard the mosr horrendous scream. Rushed to my front door to find that Anna and the dog from over the road had bumped into each other - Anna being scared of dogs had screamed at the top of her lungs - Harry the dog was absolutely terrified to.

After consoling Anna and putting Harry back in his garden I returned to find my lovely dinner rapidly dissapearing down the dog. Was so dissapointing as I didn't even get a mouthful.

Same dog - ever the opportunist managed to swallow a whole birthday cake top while we went inthe kitchen to get plates - got the best bit with the melted chocolate icing - grrrrr.

PICT0003.png

Burmilla

Visit site
Had a very clever Afghan Hound that could open fridge and larder door by judicious use of paws and long snout, aided and abetted by hulking GSD!
Snooty urban MiL visited (under duress, "the country is dreadful, it's just up one muddy lane and down another" was one of her favorite statements!). Under strict instructions to cook " a proper luncheon, for once" by her dear son (unsuprisingly, a long gone ex) constructed a three course feast and put it in larder. Cold roast chicken was the centrepiece.
Went to collect MiL from station, returned to find AH and GSD grinning wolfishly and licking their greasy chops. The only thing that remained of the chicken was the string round the parson"s nose! My hysterical laughter did not help the situation either!