The film 'The Horse Whisperer'

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Yep I agree... Book is better then the film, but neither are great. However Nicholas Evans has written some good books, Smoke Jumpers was my favourite...

his writing got better as he went on (according to my mum anyway-I read The Loop and that was it), the Horse Whisperer read like some 16 year old had written it IMO.

cambrica

Visit site
I read the book then saw the film and wasn't overly impressed with either. However, I would be quite content sitting for hours watching Robert Redford as he sat watching paint dry :p ;)
I know, he's too old for me and he doesn't do painting and decorating but hey if he offered me a million dollars would I ?

cava14una

Visit site
Went to the pictures to see it when it first came out. Felt it was about 30 mins too long and went in spite of it being Robert Redford:D

ridefast

Visit site
must be alone, thought the book was very badly written, sentimental tripe with the most stupid ending evah-I can only imagine the film is worse :p
I'm with you, I've seen the film and think it's awful. I'm always getting non horsey people asking me if I've seen it and isn't it amazing

slumdog

Visit site
I watched it at the cinema when it came out (think I was about 12) and the accident traumatised me lol, I've never been a fan of hacking, I blame the film!

Arizahn

Visit site
I never got why they thought they needed a horse whisperer: poor horse was just in pain and bored senseless after all that box rest! Also, did they ever go to court re the accident?

<fell asleep watching it>