The Forum FAQs.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Yup, stop reading posts at Page Two. Page three must be troll- cursed ;)

And isn't it BORING, I was really enjoying the thread and then URGH. I blame easter eggs myself. Too much sugar makes trolls very bad girls.

Equilibrium Ireland

Visit site
Only just catching up reading and I really hope no one was trying to say Dee was making up stuff about her father. That's very low. And while it can happen this is not one of those cases. Best to have all info at hand so you don't look silly.

Terri

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Yeah ok Hiho, one thing though, you need to not type the same words and sentence structure as your other account when your pretending it isn't you ;)

Where is rhino when you need her :D

Patterdale this is nice I think considering the thread actually, I mean I what direction did you expect it to go considering the topic you picked??

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
There seem to be a few preople needing a sense of humour transplant. With the exception of the 'making up an illness reference', this thread has been hilarious. :D

Delicious_D

Visit site
There seem to be a few preople needing a sense of humour transplant. With the exception of the 'making up an illness reference', this thread has been hilarious. :D

Thats the bit that has turned a perfectly good thread spiteful......

Q: How do I get maximum attention on the forum?
A: Post frequently. Always make sure to bump your own posts, repeatedly. Have your horse, or a friend's horse or a livery's horse get an interesting condition and ask lots of questions. Then parrot back any information gained to ensure you are now seen as the expert on that condition. Not many people will notice that when you make a statement and one of the people who does know what they're talking about contradicts you you immediately change your stance - or blame a typo. Get involved in an argument or two, declaring it as fun. If all else fails get an interesting condition yourself, or arrange for a family member or friend to get one to explain any possible unpleasantness in your previous posts and ensure you get all the soothing vibes and attention you could possibly need.

Not impressed. Not that i suppose anyone really cares right? Just a forum right?

Last edited:

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Thats the bit that has turned a perfectly good thread spiteful......

Not impressed. Not that i suppose anyone really cares right? Just a forum right?

Yes, I agree. The rest of Jemima's post could be applied to many of us, including me, and it is funny, but that last sentence is not funny at all.

Delicious_D

Visit site
Fantastic news! Are you using that supplement now? What do you think of it? :)
Really pleased for you, fantastic turn of events :)

doriangrey

Visit site
Having noticed a lot of repetitive posts lately, I hope you all enjoy my handy time saving thread.

Got a question you need answered? Check here first!

Q: What should I feed my horse to make the transition to barefoot?
A: Glad you asked this, as no one else ever has. In fact, if you check the archives, I doubt you'll find a single post on the subject. Wait a mo, I'm sure some kind and knowledgable soul will be along soon to take time and trouble explaining the subject in detail, it's not like they've ever taken the bother before.

Q: What do you think of my horse's confirmation (sic)/constructive criticism please.
A: It's beautiful. A total babe, and perfectly put together. Anyone who says different is a bully/nasty/jealous/a hater.

Q: Am I too heavy for my horse? What's the correct percentage?
A: There is no correct percentage. You are totally fine to ride your horse wherever and whenever you like. As long as you love him, he'll be fine :). And anyway, in the olden days Shetlands used to carry 2 knights apiece into battle, in full regalia.
So don't let anyone tell you you're too heavy! They're just BULLIES!

Q: My YO won't let me feed hay in the bare field to my turned out horse/lets other liveries ride my horse/uses my tack on her horses/doesn't maintain fences safely/forgets to feed my horse. What should I do?
A: Well, one thing you definitely SHOULDNT do is move, if its at all difficult for you to manage. Your horse won't mind being hungry in the field or hurting himself on barbed wire, or being ridden around by every Tom, Dick and Harry. You don't need the stress of leaving your yard friends, or the expense of transport, so just stay put and whine on here every now and then. The horse will be fine, they're quite tough. Anyone who says different is a bully.

Q: Should I take my horse's rug off?
A: Well, I'm not sure where you live, but its sunny here so I'd say go for it. You're definitely right to ask though, strangers on a forum spread throughout the country will almost CERTAINLY have a better grasp of your local weather and your horse's hardiness than you do.

Q: My horse is injured. Should I call the vet?
A: As you probably know, vets are expensive, so it's a good idea to check with HHO before you put your hand in your pocket. Make sure you keep the thread going a few days before calling them though, if you do decide its worth it. That way we can see all the ups and downs to help you come to a decision.
Nb - if it's the weekend or after hours, just slap a sticking plaster on and go to bed. Horses are great healers.

Q: My horse bit me when I tightened his girth/bucked/tripped over/sneezed/lost weight over winter. What's his problem!?
A: He has gastric ulcers. Or kissing spines. It'll be one or the other, the horses on the forum always are, which is handy as its so easy to remember. You must scope for ulcers and get him a full body x-ray IMMEDIATELY. But if he coughs or farts before the results come in, or if he's over 10 I'd advise PTS.

If I've missed anything please do let me know :D

What can you do with this:

Q: Should I sue my YO? She let my pony have a bite of her sausage roll the other day and he is meat intolerant :D

Delicious_D

Visit site
Brill wagtail,

PMSL dorian grey :D

Can i just say my apologies to Em, having now spoken with her at great length off the forum she isnt hihosilver :). But we did agree, her first post made it look very suspicious!

Ladyinred

Visit site
Patterale you forgot another one!

Q I am a man and not sure whther to wear breeches or jeans.

A Pictures!! Followed by many pages of drooling women.

Patterdale

Visit site
Haha! Someone actually did come on once saying 'Do these breeches fit? My wife's not horsey so thought I'd ask you lot' accompanied by him in various poses wearing said breeches.

Cue lots of drooling, and when I dared to pop my head up with 'Not sure if be very pleased if I was your wife!' I was shouted down ferociously and accused of being a killjoy/boring/a troll :D :D :rolleyes:

Orthe's Daystars

Visit site
:D:D As a forum novice I'd just like to thank everybody for the best entertainment since joining!! Love & xxx to all out there - oh & please wish me luck, tomorrow is my first baby novice ridden show since backing my (usually) well behaved 4 yo NF. I'll be the one in the portaloo busy throwing up :eek::eek::eek:

Littlelegs

Visit site
Answer for dorian grey.
Yes, definitely. Are you a bhs gold member? Pursue your yard owner through the small claims court. And also ring the police & press criminal charges for feeding unsuitable products with intent to cause greggs addiction syndrome.
However, if you are on full livery & the sausage roll was fed as your horses sole food offering for a 24hr period, just have a friendly chat with the yo, it would be a shame to cause ructions over something so petty. And check back, saddle & teeth. Hope that helps, (((((vibes))))).

doriangrey

Visit site
Answer for dorian grey.
Yes, definitely. Are you a bhs gold member? Pursue your yard owner through the small claims court. And also ring the police & press criminal charges for feeding unsuitable products with intent to cause greggs addiction syndrome.
However, if you are on full livery & the sausage roll was fed as your horses sole food offering for a 24hr period, just have a friendly chat with the yo, it would be a shame to cause ructions over something so petty. And check back, saddle & teeth. Hope that helps, (((((vibes))))).

Lol :D
Of course now I want sausage roll!!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
hahahaha brilliant thread :D
I'm not feeling witty enough today to contribute though.. I blame the loss of an hours sleep

Delicious_D

Visit site
Answer for dorian grey.

:D :D :D

(((((stop being childish)))))

Littlelegs

Visit site
Q- how do I get my yard owner to sort their act out? I pay the vast sum of £15per week, for stable, grazing & a school. Yet yo doesn't level the arena every time I ride, & hasn't yet drilled my saddle rack into the tackroom wall. What do I do?
A- your yo is clearly a money grabber like most, for this money you deserve an arena surfaced with gold. I suggest you refuse to pay any rent till its sorted. 'you get what you pay for' is a very rude remark & a personal insult worthy of a separate thread about how this forum is full of nasty people.

ttt

Visit site
Excellent thread, OP.

I'd like to add one:

Make sure you title your threads in such a way that people have no idea what it's about. The unfinished sentence is always a good one. Then everyone has to click on it to find out what it's really about and the vast majority won't even be interested! Something like:

'Don't you just hate it when...'

User clicks on thread to then reads:

'You realise you have put the wrong boots on...'

WTF?! Grrr!:mad: Why can't you put what it's about in the title?

This one really annoys me too.

trottingon

Visit site
Thank goodness this thread has finally got back on track...

Here's my question for you OP:

Yesterday a girl at my yard gave me a nasty look, I complained to the yard manager and the yard owner but they refused to chuck her off the yard! I am absolutely fuming that they will not sort out this situation for me so intend to bitch about her to all the other liveries tomorrow and move my horses off the yard...that'll show em! Do you think I should also report this to the police?

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site

Yesterday a girl at my yard gave me a nasty look, I complained to the yard manager and the yard owner but they refused to chuck her off the yard! I am absolutely fuming that they will not sort out this situation for me so intend to bitch about her to all the other liveries tomorrow and move my horses off the yard...that'll show em! Do you think I should also report this to the police?

LMAO :D

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site

And I hope you get all your haylage and bedding in for that price!