The good stuff

Deltofe2493

Visit site
What’s peoples takes on buying the pretty and sometimes expensive stuff, and when do you actually use it???

I have my eye on the Eskadron glitter mesh set, and would love the brushing boots too but I feel they’re just too nice for every day use! And obvs not allowed at dressage comps and I prefer tendon boots for jumping so I would get very little use.

& if they are used regularly how do you keep stuff like that clean?!

HorseMaid

Visit site
My "prettiest" thing is a sparkly Charles Owen hat that I bought with birthday money I got about 3 years ago. I'm petrified of ruining it so it stays in its bag 99% of the time and I wear my skull cap. Ditto for my nicest personalised numnah.

I really should just start to use them to be honest as they are going to waste! I have other stuff that's nice but I don't mind if it gets ruined.

Deltofe2493

Visit site
It’s funny I have such lovely ‘show’ stuff, and I’ve done 3 shows ?? so it’s stayed in it’s packaging never to be seen.

I’m like this with human clothes too! Wear something once and on to the next. Trying to be better!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I only have what I consider nice stuff really so use it all the time although some is for particular uses. My Uvex Suxxeed hat with rose gold trim is for dressage competition only as it’s £££ and I want to keep it nice. I use my lovely rose gold Acavello Arenas all the time though. If I liked sparkly I’d use it whenever I wanted to which would be every day.

oldie48

Visit site
I just loved to use my nice equine stuff ( when I had my own horse!) all the time, whereas, the nice stuff I buy myself stays on the hangar whilst I slop around looking like a stray cat! BUT I am trying to change (except my baggy horrible things are just sooo comfortable.

Widgeon

Visit site
I don't show, but I like us looking neatly turned out, so we wear our "best" stuff all the time. That said, given my budget and the fact that my horse is out 24/7 on assisted DIY, "best" is relative. I try to buy good quality stuff that can be rejuvenated many times with a good wash and a stiff brush! I completely agree that life is too short to keep lovely things under the bed (unless you compete and need to achieve spotless...!).

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I've stopped buying stuff now just because it looks nice!! I've sold all my matchy sets as they just weren't getting used. I've kept my smart everyday stuff and I will replace it as and when needed. When I think of the money I've wasted over the years .....

Fieldlife

Visit site
Depends, some of the branded, pretty stuff isn’t very durable.

I have dark blue bling browbands on both bridles – worth the investment and make me smile.

I use Benetton blue saddle cloths every day. I have some matching blue poloshirts (unbranded)

I have matching breathable XC boots for photos / XC (not me riding)

I have matching royal blue woof boots, I don’t use ;-)

I have matching ears I use for some photos

I don’t like boots – make legs hotter, unless needed for a genuine purchase, so I’d not buy them.

Most expensive stuff I buy, is for a definite purpose e.g. thinline half pad / mattes half pad / neue schule bit / mattes girth / konig riding boots – and I use it for the functional purpose, and was worth investing in.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I use the pretty things all the time, that's what they are for :) If I've had a cack day at work and don't feel like riding then digging out one of my favourite pads helps turn the frown upside down :p they wear out eventually but they aren't museum pieces.

I only have blingy browbands for the horses that are whispy of forelock which limits the potential for damage.

Fieldlife

Visit site
I use the pretty things all the time, that's what they are for :) If I've had a cack day at work and don't feel like riding then digging out one of my favourite pads helps turn the frown upside down :p they wear out eventually but they aren't museum pieces.

I only have blingy browbands for the horses that are whispy of forelock which limits the potential for damage.

Damaging the forelock? Or damaging the wallet?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Damaging the forelock? Or damaging the wallet?
the browband!! my welshie has such a massive forelock that it would get tangled in crystals. So she has a plain patent browband.

compare with KWPN, who just doesn't grow any more forelock than this... browband is safe :p

288526483_5579795668698564_6752315145039496117_n.jpg

catkin

Visit site
the browband!! my welshie has such a massive forelock that it would get tangled in crystals. So she has a plain patent browband.

compare with KWPN, who just doesn't grow any more forelock than this... browband is safe :p

288526483_5579795668698564_6752315145039496117_n.jpg

This so made me laugh!

Back the Dark Ages of 30+ years ago when wearing bling browband was most certainly Not The Thing -in affiliated dressage Hubby got me a diamanté browband for a dare that I wouldn't use it in competition. I had a little native with typical enormous forelock - I won the dare.

Still have the same browband. Fellboy is wearing it at present!?

Peglo

Visit site
I bought a rydale leather polo head collar. I also got a crappy cheap one for daily feeding etc. I just ended up using the leather one all the time. She looked cute as a button in it so why put the crappy one on. Unfortunately it’s broken now and couldn’t get another one but found one similar.

I also got personalised handmade reins with Tali’s name and my initials on them from my sister for my 30th birthday. She told me they were for using and not to use once a year at a show. So they are my daily reins.

that’s as fancy as I get ?

southerncomfort

Visit site
This so made me laugh!

Back the Dark Ages of 30+ years ago when wearing bling browband was most certainly Not The Thing -in affiliated dressage Hubby got me a diamanté browband for a dare that I wouldn't use it in competition. I had a little native with typical enormous forelock - I won the dare.

Still have the same browband. Fellboy is wearing it at present!?

Pic needed! ?

Hallo2012

Visit site
use my nice stuff all the time, why kills yourself at work to not use it?!

i do have show hat x 2 and show boots i ONLY use for shows, but have a selection of hats and boots for home anyway.

i work all the hours gods sends, im going to enjoy what that allows me to buy!